Purchasing a new Cham

Antillon56

Hey guys i was wondering about your opinions and ideas on purchasing chameleons do like pet stores vs online shops and breeders? My biggest fear has always been getting a new buddy who might already be sick any thoughts on the topic??

I just got my new buddy from a Petco at the insistance of my mother, but I was recommended by about 99/100 people here to get a buddy from a breeder. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla is an excellent breeder, and all the sponsors are great for chameleon purchasing. I personally really like the chameleons from Kammerflage Kameleons, aka Chameleons Only. They have some pretty great panthers. Also, please specify. Do you want a veiled, panther, jacksons, etc.?
Do you have aquedate housing, misting, drainage, etc? As for your fear of a sick buddy, the only sick chameleons i've seen that are sick are from pet stores. If you are buying from a breeder the chance of a sick friend is very slim.

Kammerflage has been awesome, i got my guy from them. Seeing how most pet shops care for chams(in my area at least) would make me never buy from a store.

Study up on the care sheet for what you want. Ask the breeder questions to see if they keep their chams they way the sheets recommend. If they do you have the best chance of buying a healthy cham.

Im currently getting together my housing and a jackson i grew up around my uncle who had a cham for a number of years so i have a little help and know most of the basics but im just trying to get all of my bases covered

Back
Top Bottom