Purchase ugr

LooknorthOn

So i recently decided to purchase male jackson from underground reptiles
Received my whole shipment dead along with couple dart frogs you think they will replace them or no they had no cool pack whole package was hot and the jackson came in a little brown paper bag

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0649 (1).jpg
    IMG_0649 (1).jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 122
I would hope so, especially when it say's "Priority Overnight Shipping on all live animals. Live arrival guaranteed!" on their site. I would call them and send the pics. Really sorry to see that.

Why are you asking us?

It depends, did you meet all the requirements on your end for the live arrival policy to be valid?

Oh no, so sorry to hear that! People definitely have mixed opinions about that company, but I have had reasonably good luck with them in the past. I find that calling them is the fastest way to communicate to their staff

Underground Reptiles does not guarantee live arrival on inverts or amphibians.

so im guessing they wont refund my frogs??

So i recently decided to purchase male jackson from underground reptiles
Received my whole shipment dead along with couple dart frogs you think they will replace them or no they had no cool pack whole package was hot and the jackson came in a little brown paper bag

Are you sure the Jackson's is dead? Dead chameleons usually are a really ugly splotchy yellow color with sunken eyes. They can be very still and curled up just from the stress of shipping and their respiration is very very slow so they might look dead when they aren't.

I'm sorry for your loss. Dart frogs are very sensitive to heat. I cooked a clutch of tadpoles when I moved them to a countertop for a short period of time and unbeknownst to me, my husband turned on the dishwasher underneath the counter. It doesn't take much, unfortunately. Chameleons are a little less sensitive to heat.

It takes a lot of effort and expense on the part of the seller to get animals safely shipped in the summer heat. They absolutely need to go priority overnight and be shipped to a FedEx Ship Center and held for pick up. They can cook on a truck.

BAEC1D14-E486-4974-AAFD-74012BFC4550.jpeg
Are you sure the Jackson's is dead? Dead chameleons usually are a really ugly splotchy yellow color with sunken eyes. They can be very still and curled up just from the stress of shipping and their respiration is very very slow so they might look dead when they aren't.

I'm sorry for your loss. Dart frogs are very sensitive to heat. I cooked a clutch of tadpoles when I moved them to a countertop for a short period of time and unbeknownst to me, my husband turned on the dishwasher underneath the counter. It doesn't take much, unfortunately. Chameleons are a little less sensitive to heat.

It takes a lot of effort and expense on the part of the seller to get animals safely shipped in the summer heat. They absolutely need to go priority overnight and be shipped to a FedEx Ship Center and held for pick up. They can cook on a truck.
You mean like this

Attachments

• 28D43FFF-88FF-4650-ABE5-D3879914F0E6.jpeg
    28D43FFF-88FF-4650-ABE5-D3879914F0E6.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 85
they got some shady business he says jackson doesnt appear to be dead neither do these frogs??>

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 71
they got some shady business he says jackson doesnt appear to be dead neither do these frogs??>

In their defense, the chameleon did not look dead in that first photo.

There have been many people, even quite experienced breeders, who have claimed animals were dead (from the cold) when they were very much alive although very chilled. I know my babies that I ship can look and act pretty "dead" when it is just stress from shipping and having the box opened up to the light. I was hoping that was the case. Your subsequent photos snuff out that bit of hope. :(

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

One of the benefits of buying from a reputable breeder is that a breeder usually cares about keeping their animals alive after shipping. I will only ship when I feel I can do so safely. I check weather not only on my end and the receiver's end, but at the likely hubs they will end up going through in the middle of the night. I insist the buyer pick the package up at a convenient FedEx ship center where they are usually ready and waiting for pick up before they even open. I use Phase 22 packs that cost me over $4 apiece compared to a 25 cent ice pack. Amphibians should always be shipped with Phase 22 packs and are often double packed--a solid foam box inside a foam box plus Phase 22 packs. They are very delicate and die very quickly if even slightly overheated.

I understand that the above is not something you might know. It is very sad when animals are treated so callously and considered so disposable.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Nope oregon he send the animals no cooling packet or anything the box was super hot when i got it they all died
Not sure why the shipper allowed that with it being live animal shipping. They run a whole sale farm from what I can tell and even when I go to their store in Deerfield, Fl they’re unknowledgable. Telling me it’s ok to keep multiple Jackson’s in one cage because they’re “communal” and not even knowing the sex of their carpet chameleons.

I was going to order from them, but they dont guaranteed the sex of the panther baby???

At 4 months shouldn't that be easy ?

Definately can't be reliable.

Went with FL Chams and am happy with what I recieved.

I was going to order from them, but they dont guaranteed the sex of the panther baby???

At 4 months shouldn't that be easy ?

Definately can't be reliable.

Went with FL Chams and am happy with what I recieved.
I see they have some tamataves available. Might buy my next female from them

Back
Top Bottom