Puffy/Swollen Veil on Veiled Chameleon?

Buy online. Silkworms, cockroaches, superworms, butterworms, mealworms, waxworms, hornworms, soldier fly grubs, crickets, grasshoppers, non-toxic butterflies and moths, etc are all feeders that can be used (some more than others.) you can breed most of them.

Good wet gutload ingredients include leafy greens like kale, collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, escarole, etc. Veggies like yams, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, carrots, squash, etc. and fruits like apple, raspberries, papaya, other berries, oranges, etc. Providing two or three different items each week is what most people do. Feed them to crickets, roaches, superworms,soldier grubs, and mealworms. She can also eat them plain as well (If she wants to.) Silkworms and hornworms are fed a species diet that can be bought when you order the bugs.

Buying a good dry gutload (like cricket crack for example) would be an excellent idea as well.

Cutting back her food for a few days isn't going to do anything (If she is over weight.) You would need to cut it back for the rest of her life as it would help to keep her from laying any eggs which helps to lengthen her life.

Gizzy`s casque looked similar to that prior to the egg removal and spey op, but despite the yukky fat pads in her tummy the casque has been normal since. Perhaps your girl is eating a little too well.

Sorry if I`ve missed it, but how old is she now ? Could it be possible that she does have eggs ? I really hope you get to the bottom of it soon :)

Gizzy`s casque looked similar to that prior to the egg removal and spey op, but despite the yukky fat pads in her tummy the casque has been normal since. Perhaps your girl is eating a little too well.

Sorry if I`ve missed it, but how old is she now ? Could it be possible that she does have eggs ? I really hope you get to the bottom of it soon :)

she's a year and a half, and she's never laid eggs before. so its possible.
im going today to get sand and a big pot for her to dig about in if she wants to lay her eggs.

Looks like shes been overfed... I use Cricket Crack for gutload. I would slow down her food intake. feed her every other day and only give her about 2-3 large crickets properly dusted and gutloaded. You can give her silkworms too... but again, limit those to only a couple every other day.

Back
Top Bottom