Puffy eye

Camille_

Hello. My chameleons name is Camille. She started to shed again 2 days ago, and yesterday when I came in to give her her crickets, her eye looked like this. I'm not sure what is causing it, or what to do. If someone could please tell me, I would be very appreciative, thanks.
20220928_160448.jpg
20220929_155237.jpg

So does the eye reduce back to normal size after she puffs it up?

Typically when you see them puff them up and rotate it they are trying to clean it.

Well the thing is, I actually got her a little over a month ago, and this is the second time she's shed for me. This is the first time I've seen this, so I'm not sure. And I saw this yesterday, so this is the second day with this eye thing

Well the thing is, I actually got her a little over a month ago, and this is the second time she's shed for me. This is the first time I've seen this, so I'm not sure. And I saw this yesterday, so this is the second day with this eye thing
Ok post more pics of the eye for me when you get a chance. I want to see if it’s reducing in size. I’m also looking at the opening… typically it should be a nice clean circle.

Here you go. Hopefully that's enough for ya

Attachments

• Snapchat-1370979388.jpg
    Snapchat-1370979388.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Snapchat-1120220276.jpg
    Snapchat-1120220276.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Snapchat-655439084.jpg
    Snapchat-655439084.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Snapchat-1978632218.jpg
    Snapchat-1978632218.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 53
Here you go. Hopefully that's enough for ya
Ok thank you for that. I am seeing a few concerning things with the eyes. Since you are new to the forum I would love to have you do a husbandry review. This will give us a place to start to see if the eye issues are directly linked to husbandry. If you would like to then be specific in your answers and take pics of the supplements you use along with the entire enclosure from the lights down. You will copy and paste the form below into your reply then answer the questions.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
--------------
Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

The opening in the animals right eye looks great, but the left eye opening looks constricted somehow In the last two photos.
Correct but there is also an issue of the right eye. See the puffy spot down in the corner? See this a lot with over supplementation issues and with sinus infections.

I am happy to report that her left eye is back to normal.

And about that other spot. When she was young, the previous owner had bought the wrong uv light, and her eye swelled up, and she has some hanging skin there. I don't think it's gotten any bigger, but I will check tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom