Pronunciation….

Maybe @DeremensisBlue could do a show that is just pronunciations. Like Rosetta Stone for chameleon names :hilarious:
oh, I have thought of this many times! But the problem is that there are so many variations. We were having this debate in the early 2000s and I got a recording of an actual Malagasy saying Nosy Be and it was No-see Bay. I think it would be a good episode. I just need to be savvy enough to figure out who has the right way to pronounce the latin. It is one of those cases where everyone has an opinion and is convinced they are right so I am unable to figure it out at this time! But still working on it...

Is it just me or is the pronunciation for "Brookesia" different between the two videos and link? Is the "s" a classic "ssss" sound or more of a "shhh" sound? Personally, I've always made the "shhh" sound.

Unfortunately, for me, is the spelling issue 🤣🤣 I’ll work on the pronunciation later. Sometimes I get very frustrated on Google and Siri has no idea what I’m talking about. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom