promist

Fate X

my big apple mist water pump burned out tuesday after running 3+ hrs dry.
that night i ordered a pmp60 from promist and i got it today and hooked it up and its awesome.

i wanted to state that i got this pump very fast and i was able to connect it without having to buy any extra connectors,fittings etc.

and i am very happy because i would have had a lot of hand spraying to do over the weekend ,now i can relax.my veileds seem to like their new water pump ,for the past 2 days i been hand watering them but theres no way i can move as much water as the pump does.

Yes,

My promist system continues to make me very happy.

You will also be happy when you forget to fill the resevoir and it runs dry for a day without burning out the pump.

I use well water, and there is a small amount of sediment in it. My pump got dirty after three months of use and wouldn't pull up water anymore. I called promist, and Bob Pound explained in detail how to clean the pump. It wasn't that difficult, and completely fixed the problem.

Have to say I am completely happy with my system as well!

Heika

If you have all the bits for your system guys,pipe work and all that jazz,i would recommend shurflow pumps i got one from the US and it works very well a pumps out some big pressure!! i have the part number if you need it
Will run 100 nozzles easy

Yes, its a wonderful pump. Just a reminder to all that I pass along from my exotics vet: unless you know a good safe way to disinfect the tubing, its a good idea to replace it every few months. He believes he can attribute a lot of the URIs and eye infections he sees to bacteria/other build up in those tubes.

i just replaced the tubing recently. i was gonna clean it but figured its better to just replace it since its cheap.

i did look at the shurflo pumps for about $112.00 i wasnt sure if it would work and connect to my mist system without any extra connectors etc.
i called promist and they told me my 1/4 tubing would connect directly to the pump.

they were right i connected it in like 5 mn. it works nice ,its so quiet my chameleons got 2 20 minute mist sessions today.
i am very happy.i think i might keep doing business with promist they specialize in habitat mist setups.

If you have all the bits for your system guys,pipe work and all that jazz,i would recommend shurflow pumps i got one from the US and it works very well a pumps out some big pressure!! i have the part number if you need it
Will run 100 nozzles easy

I would like to see your setup. I am just getting to the point where I am about to max out on the promist pump I have, and I would also like to buy a backup for those "just in case" scenarios.

Heika

No prob's heika i'll get some pics :)
The pump
Pump.jpg

The Connetors are like this
speedfitconnector.jpg

I use this drip system works very well,they get 2 hrs a day of a constant drip
Dripsystem.jpg

Inside the viv's Dripper to the left and the nozzle to the right the black nozzles are great the whites are not really heavy enough for me
Dripperandmistingnozzle.jpg

Last edited:
Can I see how your controller hooks into the pump? Also, what type of power source does the pump take? Can the pump run dry?

Thanks!

Heika

Last edited:
the dipper control (the yellow thing) runs directly from the mains so its nothing to do with the pump,in the morning before work i switch it on then it drips for 1 hour and turns off,then when i get in i put it on again for another hour.
The misting pump is controlled by a digital timer it comes on 5 times a day
And thats it really mate:)
The pump can run dry with no problems

do the black 1/4 tubing just push into the shurflo pump?

does the shurflo pump plug directly into the wall?

this promist pump connects to a 24volt transformer and uses 25watts.

i might consider picking up a shurflo because i seen them brand new online for about $120.00.
if i do get one it will be next year because my promist is working great but it would not be a bad idea to have a extra water pump.

Fate X You will need to buy the fittings for your pipe work but they cost pennys!!
I just extended the cable and wired a 3 pin plug to it straight to the timer make sure you get the right model to run with you sort of power suppy ie 240VAC ect,so no need for the transformer
Very good pumps,details and specs in that link

http://www.williamsonpumps.co.uk/SHURFLOSPEC.pdf

Back
Top Bottom