Progress!

But remember this is for a 9-10 inch total distance from the bottom of the T5 to the top of the basking branch. This gives a 3 ish uvi with a 5.0 or 6% bulb. If you want more distance at the top of the cage you could do a 10.0 or 12% bulb with a 12 inch total distance to the branch and this would be a 3ish uvi as well.
Yes, the basking branch is now 9.7 inches below the bottom of the uvb fixture! Like its sitting on a wire shelf and from the bottom of the fixture to the branch is 9.7 inches. Or are you talking about incorporating their height as well? So like if a Chameleon is 4 inches tall, their basking branch should be like 13-15 inches below the bottom of the uvb fixture, with their body being 9-10 inches away from the bottom of the fixture?

But remember this is for a 9-10 inch total distance from the bottom of the T5 to the top of the basking branch. This gives a 3 ish uvi with a 5.0 or 6% bulb. If you want more distance at the top of the cage you could do a 10.0 or 12% bulb with a 12 inch total distance to the branch and this would be a 3ish uvi as well.
OHHHHHHHHH OKAY im so sorry that took me so long to understand!! Thank you for being patient. I actually got a decent sized spider plant as well as a ~2,5 foot tall schefflera. I will post pictures when I am over there again! Need to repot 4 plants and find a spot for 3 of them to hang.

raise the heat light up off the screen to give your cham more room in the viv😁
Sorry about the mess. But i installed a wire shelf 4 & 5/8ths inches above the top of the cage and have my 8.5 inch heat lamp as well as T5HO 24 inch fixture resting on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 61
Okay! So, so far I have a wandering jew twoards the upper-back-left of the cage, and another (more fuller) one in the middle-middle-left of the cage. On the lower-front-left, I have a small Scheflerra arbor-whatever the heck. And, on the upper-front/middle-left of the cage I have a golden pothos. I was hoping to hang a very full spider plant in the middle-back-middle of the cage, and sadly I don’t think I can fit two center piece plants in there, I have a fairly large Schefflera arb-whatever and a mediocre sized Dracena Marginata that seems to be slowly but surely dying. Just need to set up some perching branches or main highway branches and then add all of my network branches!

Back
Top Bottom