problem with veiled chameleon!!!

He's in a small cage and the small cage is in the large cage. The glass one has a screen top and I located UVB there. I don't think it's a digital thermometer. I'll go get a digital one soon! he seemed really nervous last night but today he seems calm down a lot and he ate some crickets! good thing? =] I can move the small cage out of the large one just in case one of them might have virus.. but I live in a studio. so there's no separate room for me. so it doesnt matter right? if viruses can be airborne?

He's in a small cage and the small cage is in the large cage. The glass one has a screen top and I located UVB there. I don't think it's a digital thermometer. I'll go get a digital one soon! he seemed really nervous last night but today he seems calm down a lot and he ate some crickets! good thing? =] I can move the small cage out of the large one just in case one of them might have virus.. but I live in a studio. so there's no separate room for me. so it doesnt matter right? if viruses can be airborne?

The main point is, you must separate these 2 chams especially because one of them is either sick or too stressed by the presence of the other. If you are in doubt about a cham's health separate it!. Stress just adds a burden to the immune system of the sick or weaker one. Block the cham's view of each other too. Drape a towel or something between the cages at least. The male isn't always the one to dominate the female so don't assume it. One cham can dominate the other by competing for the best basking spot, the best reach for water or food, or exposure to proper lighting.

Back
Top Bottom