Problem with crestie eggs

So I purchased a female crested gecko in April and she wat gravid I guess and yesterday I found two eggs on the bottom of the cage and the seem to be fertile?! I was prepaired for it but I didn't know it would happen then so i am confused?Also she was under weight and its her first time

I candled them and yes I set up an incubator the problem is is I'm not sure how she became gravid the breeder said she was with a male before she was shipped to me but that was 2 months ago. But they look like there is an embryo

But the mom is doing great she is eating like a hog again so I'm not to worried about her is I'm confused on how she got gravid in the first place I mean I candled the eggs and they seem fertile but the last time she was with a male was 2 months ago and if she was gravid from the male in April the the eggs shula have been laid in may

Cresties are able to retain sperm. So, even after one mating she will produce several clutches throughout the season. I mated my pair at the start of February and she has laid 2 clutches and is working on her third! The first clutch are at 76 days so should be almost ready to hatch.

Yeah but why is my crestie having her first clutch 2 months after breeding because all of the websites say that it only takes 30 days to be laid after breeding. And these eggs look fertile to me but I'm still a little unsure I see a little red dot in the center of the egg

P.s. these eggs are from the breeders male that my female was being kept with before shipment I'm assuming on what the breeder siad to me

As I said in my previous post, I bred my pair for the first time this year. I put them together at the start of Feb and witnessed them mating right away. She didn't lay until 18/19th March, some 6 weeks after mating. I also thought from researching that they lay every 30 days or so, but Buffie didn't lay again for 8 weeks! I was beginning to worry about her as it was over double the amount of time between clutches than I was expecting. From more research and asking breeders I am pretty sure that it is because its her first season and her cycle isn't quite up to speed and regular just yet. It will be 4 weeks since her last clutch on Friday and I don't think she will be laying again just yet! She likes to keep me stressing and guessing, lol!

Also when I candled the eggs yesterday for the second time and also the last time for another 1 or 2 weeks but there is a little red dot with veins coming off so not quite what everyone describes them like but jbs cresties has a YouTube Chanel and in one video she said the show up like a little red line sometimes.
So that gives me a lot a hope because my eggs also seem a bit smaller and they maybe they haven't quite developed the target

The 'cheerio' is what we look for in a fertile crestie egg - probably the same with chameleon eggs but I have not bred those yet. I first candled my eggs at 5 days. Here are some pics of the latest clutch - the pink ring inside with the red lines that you are seeing (veins) are good signs!

You an see the feint outline of the pink ring in this pic.

Back
Top Bottom