Problem when feeding crickets

titan501x

Every morning i feed my chameleon pin head crickets, i dust them with repto-cal and then 2-3 hours later they are dead?!!! Wtf? Why are they dying so fast?!

Is the cage wet when you are trying to feed them?

Crickets drown easily (they are stupid), with the powder on them when wet it could crush them, or they could become stuck to the ground.

Crickets do die rather quickly at times. I still just buy mine from a local pet store. I have had them all almost die overnight before, it sucks. Really I have never been able to figure out why. I have gotten them before and all of them made it to the chameleons mouth when they died with seemingly no change in how I was keeping them. Weird, mysterious, suicidal, insects.

Since currently you do not have a Uvb source, perhaps, cup feeding your chameleon for the time being. Break off the back (shin) part of their legs and stick them in a little bowl. Your chameleon will need that D3. Maybe even just hand feed the crickets to your chameleon.

Since currently you do not have a Uvb source, perhaps, cup feeding your chameleon for the time being. Break off the back (shin) part of their legs and stick them in a little bowl. Your chameleon will need that D3. Maybe even just hand feed the crickets to your chameleon.

Actually, thats what i've been doing, ever since i started to feed her crickets, it works well too.

And the problem is the dusting stuff, the crickets live for several hours now.

Are you properly feeding and watering your crickets? Your chameleon needs a uvb source.

Alot of people will take a bag, place the crickets inside, add supplements and then shake. I take a plastic (old burger king) cup, put the crickets in, spin around, put the lid almost on, and pour out the excess.

Back
Top Bottom