Problem, or no problem?

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
Amaro is eating good, and doing pretty good in general. But his favorite sleeping spot is high up on the lattice. He goes up there about 30 minutes before his basking and plant lights go out, and doesn't go to sleep until his uvb goes off. But my mistking is pointed more towards the middle of the cage, not the top. So he only possibly gets in contact with the mist during the morning session. He doesn't look dehydrated but his Urates are quite yellow. I have upped my fogging during the night to try and help get his Urates back into order. Should I point the mistking more towards the top?

Also, I was told 82 grams for a 6 1/2 month old was a little beefy. Becca (@Beman) explained I should be feeding him around 10-12 medium cricket per day instead of 14-15. I did so, and he has lost 4 grams. I dont know exactly how long he is but it is around 4 1/2 - 5'' nose to vent, total body length around 10-11'' give or take. Is 78 grams too thin for that body size?

I will attempt to get some half decent pictures, he is a skittish boy.

i had a dual nozzle before my monsoon gave out lol, theres a nozzle for the top and one for the middle but as a rule of thumb, point it upward so gravity will make it drip downwards. i think that 78 should be ok but that isnt my area of expertise. the average adult should be around 150-200 but some run smaller and some run bigger, as long as he isnt extremely thin or extremely puffy in the casque and cheeks then you should be ok.

I will try and tilt the nozzle more towards the top.

Is there general weight requirements for ages/body lengths?

I will try and tilt the nozzle more towards the top.

Is there general weight requirements for ages/body lengths?
its weight in relation to size, so no, all chameleons are built differently, some tall, some lengthy and so based on that there is really no way to have a weight requirement since they come in such diverse shapes but i think that @jannb tracked one of her chameleons weights, correct me if im wrong please, that may help you

edit: we are talking about a veiled right? because i dont think you mentioned it, im just guessing off your pfp

Yep, he is a very sassy veiled. His favorite activity is trying to take chunks out of my hands while I remove his food cup at the end of the day lol.

He was a bit thin as he had coccidia (which he is now clear of) so I wanted him to gain some weight. He has gained 40 grams since Dec 20th (the first dose of ponazurill) but I dont want him to gain too much weight either.

Yep, he is a very sassy veiled. His favorite activity is trying to take chunks out of my hands while I remove his food cup at the end of the day lol.

He was a bit thin as he had coccidia (which he is now clear of) so I wanted him to gain some weight. He has gained 40 grams since Dec 20th (the first dose of ponazurill) but I dont want him to gain too much weight either.
sounds like he's in the clear to me, if you post a pic of him i think we'll be able to eyeball it lol

This was on Friday
IMG_2969.JPG

And these are today
IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG
IMG_3065.JPG
IMG_3104.JPG

He stays in those colors while basking, but he gets bright when exploring. He also gets either brown when he's upset with me, or puts on his display colors. lol.

These are his display colors. This was at his vet checkup for his first post fecal appointment, 2ish weeks ago. He was very upset with me and the vet for messing with him LOL.

IMG_1307.JPG

He stays in those colors while basking, but he gets bright when exploring. He also gets either brown when he's upset with me, or puts on his display colors. lol.

These are his display colors. This was at his vet checkup for his first post fecal appointment, 2ish weeks ago. He was very upset with me and the vet for messing with him LOL.

View attachment 257839
Excellent handsome boy .

I looked back at my records and Basil was around 115g at 6 months. Your boy looks good, it just varies from Cham to Cham. :) As far as the urates go, my chams have never been pure white and he eats lots of silks. He always has excess fluid come out and his poop is never dry. I see more orange when he hasn’t pooped in a while. Right now he goes about once a week and there is always a smidge of orange but the rest is nice and white/off white.

Idk he seems small to me lol :LOL: I haven’t measured him so I don’t know how long he is I just weigh him. If I guessed maybe 8 in from nose to vent. He will be (estimated) a year old this week. Last weight was 153g.

Back
Top Bottom