Privacy question

Psychobunny

Avid Member
I will be getting a baby panther from the Kammer's sometime in early July and have his new home and everything ready for him.

He will be next door neighbor to my male jackson who is about 5 feet away and to the side.

Do you think it would be a good idea to cover the side of my new boy's cage with heavy plastic sheet so he cant see the jacksons?

You could always try and see how they react to one another. I mean the cages are not butted up against each other. I have my chameleons in free rane on my patio and they sometimes get relatively close if they wander. They don't seem bothered by each other and also when I bring them inside to their indoor cages they have sight of each other and are about 10 feet apart. They pay no attention to each other. This is just my two, it could be different for yours. Yours are two different species also, so it may make a difference. The only time I see a problem is if I have to carry them at the same time on different arms. My one guy gapes at the other but the other one could care less!

I agree that you need a visual barrier between them. Itmigh possibly be ok without it, but I would not take the chance. Even a towel, or a piece of poster board will work. The plastic will work as long as it isn't see though.

It's really thick and heavy plastic sheet.
It's semi-clear and I cut a piece for the back of all my cages to prevent
water splatter.
You cant actualy see through it.

I think I will measure and cut a peice.

When I acclimate my new arrival, it may be a good idea just for that reason.

I just sliced open a thick blue trash bag, cut to size, and taped to one of the side by side cages. Looking straight on, it's not even noticeable.

Patrick, if you take the screws out (one at a time) put the plastic over the hole, replace screw, gives a tight look and eliminates even the need for tape :)
Anne

If they see each other and don't seem bothered by it, then what is the harm? Does anyone know? I am just curious.

I have a sheet up between my two. But when one is out, they dont seem to care at all about the other.

I just figure why cover up a cage if you don't need to that's all! Like I said, I know members that have multiple cages right next to one another, literally. Then I could see that they might be clawing at the screen at each other or something but if they are distanced apart I am just not so sure it is necessary. Everyone said oh no, don't put your chameleon in the same room with a bird. Well my chameleon could care less about the bird!!!

Back
Top Bottom