Prism Chameleons New Facility

Prism Chameleons

Established Member
Hi,

Many of you here at the forum were chatting with me frequently while building our new facility. You gave me great suggestions and feedback during the construction which I appreciate very much!

I have been asked for photos of the finished construction of our facility so that many of you can see how it turned out. I have now posted photos of our new facility at http://www.prismchameleons.com/AboutPrismChameleons.html

I want to thank all of you involved that talked with me during the construction stage and gave suggestions. Your advice and suggestions were priceless. :)

Thank you!

It looks so cool. I have no more words to describe it. Need to check your panthers, looking into getting one.

Thank you for the compliments! It was a lot of work which is one reason you all haven't seen me much around the forums lately. I have added more photos to the web page - during construction, finished product, and move in. Feel free to take a look.

It turned out perfect for our chameleons needs, as even spraying the floors to keep them clean raises the humidity levels for our chameleons. Additionally, we have managed to keep the facility nice and toasty in the extreme temperatures we get in Maryland through the winter. The insulation was done very well.

This will definitely give us room to provide you all with more captive bred chameleons! :)

Absolutely top notch!!!! I can't wait to see some of the results in the future. I would expect to see great animals coming out of an environment that is low stress, clean at all times, climate controlled, etc..... Fantastic job. I am so jealous.

Thank you for the compliments! It was a lot of work which is one reason you all haven't seen me much around the forums lately. I have added more photos to the web page - during construction, finished product, and move in. Feel free to take a look.

It turned out perfect for our chameleons needs, as even spraying the floors to keep them clean raises the humidity levels for our chameleons. Additionally, we have managed to keep the facility nice and toasty in the extreme temperatures we get in Maryland through the winter. The insulation was done very well.

This will definitely give us room to provide you all with more captive bred chameleons! :)

it looks like a professional setup. how does the water drain from the upper cages so that it dont splash water down on the cages on the floor ?

Good question.

The bottom cages are not actually on the floor with the exception of one aluminum large cage at the end of the row you see in one photo. That cage was just recently set up and I haven't built the platform for it yet (yes, I actually get my miter saw out and build things myself :D). It is difficult to see that those cages are actually about 6 inches above the flooring from the photos. I can actually kneel down and see all the way through that middle section and the cages on the sides of the walls. This makes it easy to clean under all the caging systems. The cages on top are new and I am cleaning each individually by hand with a couple of times a week actually taking the smaller cages down for deep cleaning. I have plans of putting up a drainage system under the top shelving of the units - something like a gutter system that will prevent water from draining to the lower cages and will be disposed of by the outside drainage system. As you can see, the top small cages are still under construction as indicated by the lighting that is still being set up. So, all is not quite complete, but getting there. :)

I think this will do the trick of preventing water from dripping from one cage to another that is lower. I actually have the gutters already in the barn stalls ready to install, as well as pvc piping that I am considering using instead. I haven't made my decision on that yet.

Suggestions are welcome :) .

OMG! What an incredible set up you have now Jenna.....and I know what you mean about those extreme MD weather changes LOL I'd love to see some pics of your newest baby projects and I'm still interested in getting Bubba a girlie hook up :D

Back
Top Bottom