Previously rescued female Veiled for adoption in Ohio (Adopted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wodesorel

Established Member
I've been thinking about doing this for a while - I have health problems that have been making it hard to keep up with her on a daily basis, and am now looking at possibly having spinal surgery. She's my only herp that requires specific daily care, and I don't want anything to happen to her due to my issues. An experienced home that can give her the larger enclosure and the care she needs is the best thing for her.

She is out of the woods as far as the MBD that was caused by her previous owner, a fecal done two months ago was clear, and she just laid a clutch of eggs last week, so by the time the details are worked out with an adopter she should be recovered enough to move. I don't have a lot of information about her before I got her, but she should be roughly two years old. This was her third clutch of eggs, and she was purchased from a pet store in Boardman, OH.

I am only looking for someone with prior chameleon experience who understands what the previous MBD issues have done to her body and health OR someone who has good MBD experience with other reptiles. They must be able to provide a large enough enclosure for her to be happy. (This forum's guidelines as a minimum.) If you are interested, I will be looking through your posts here to find out more information! She's become a part of our family and I need to know that she's going to someone who will take good care of her. :)

She's extremely laid back, has never bit or has even tried to bite. She's not skittish at all. I do not handle her except for emergencies, but the few times I have she's been tolerant of it. She likes to puff up and hiss when she sees people, but once she knows you've got food she settles right down. She is missing a few toenails and of course has the bowing to her legs. Weekly liquid calcium would be beneficial for her.

If the adopter is local I am asking for a $50 adoption fee to make sure they are serious. I am in Leetonia, OH but will be having a several appointments in Cleveland over the next few months so can possibly meet in person in that area on certain dates and times only. I also have contacts up there that may be able to facilitate a hand off as well.

If there is someone who would like to adopt her through the mail, I will happily waive the adoption fee so long as the adopter covers all mailing costs and is able to provide the proper mailing supplies. I'd prefer to use something like Ship Your Reptiles as they have a good record, but I'm willing to work with anyone who has experience mailing live chameleons before. (I've only ever shipped inverts!)

I realize this is a serious long-shot due to her age and condition, but I'm concerned about being able to find an experienced home for her through other means. I've spent a lot of time and money on rescuing her and getting her recovered, but I'm probably not the right long-term home for her at this time.

WP_20160220_17_18_28_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom