Preventing roach allergies

Longhorn1234

Established Member
Do you guys do something to prevent developing roach allergies? I've read threads in here of people saying they've had to get rid of their roach colonies because they developed roach allergies. I've kept some roaches for a around a week now and it doesn't seem like I'm allergic, but I don't want to develop them in the future.
Thanks in advance!

Not sure how common they are. In fact, I forgot they exist since its been so long since I have heard anything. I don't have it and don't personally know anyone that have roach allergies so I am thinking they are uncommon.

I would believe cricket allergies...lol My roaches are very clean and do not smell compared to the crickets. I would think someone sensitive to insect allergies would be allergic to the crickets. Of course the smell probably has nothing to do with it though....just sayin :)

Roach allergies are quite common. Most people who are allergic to chocolate is actualy not allergic to the cocoa itself but rather to the roach particles that accidentally make in to the chocolate! During the process of making it. Seriously, I am not joking!

Personally I just don't eat the roaches and have never developed an allergy :p In all seriousness though there was a roach-eating competition down here in FL at a reptile store to win a snake. The guy who won didn't know he was allergic, and I think he actually ended up dying.

Personally I just don't eat the roaches and have never developed an allergy :p In all seriousness though there was a roach-eating competition down here in FL at a reptile store to win a snake. The guy who won didn't know he was allergic, and I think he actually ended up dying.

I'm sorry but I have to ask, is this true? That's sad...

Back
Top Bottom