Pretty sweet setup? I think so.

aholgate

Definitely one of the better enclosures Ive done. Thought everybody could enjoy! Share your thoughts.

Ps sorry for the quality, they were taken with an iPhone.

95D2FA9B-0E37-4BA9-8E4B-BE7FAD84ED05-8284-000006F008AF8694.jpg

0BD38DBE-CC6A-416F-B5B3-2CF7AAAB5616-8284-000006F01008B432.jpg

CA108D94-ACA9-416C-B08F-0F89727B0461-8284-000006F016ACCB79.jpg

Is that grapevine? That's one of the best branches I've ever seen in an enclosure! Looks very cool:cool:! Who's going in there???

Branches Look nice but not really practical for a cham to grip onto. Could do with more plants in my opinion as well.

Such encouraging words. To your dismay grapevine may and can be very practical for a cham enclosure. I've used plenty of grapevine in the past. Yes, I admit, some may be too large and "unpractical" for chams to grip onto, but I emphasize some. I've already had a smaller female roaming the cage and gripping just fine. And to address your lack of plants comment, there's a beautiful schefflera waiting to go inside once the cage is finished. Thanks though.

Such encouraging words. To your dismay grapevine may and can be very practical for a cham enclosure. I've used plenty of grapevine in the past. Yes, I admit, some may be too large and "unpractical" for chams to grip onto, but I emphasize some. I've already had a smaller female roaming the cage and gripping just fine. And to address your lack of plants comment, there's a beautiful schefflera waiting to go inside once the cage is finished. Thanks though.

Why you being hostile and defensive?
You have posted the picture and asked what people think so dont get stroppy when someone makes a suggestion to you.
Whats the point in having a nice looking viv if its in practical.
You say your self that some branches are "unpractical" and that you have another plant to go in........ so you are saying you agree with what I said!
If you dont want peoples opinion then dont ask.

Very nice! I'd add more branches/vines just so there is a lot of areas to move around on. Where did you get the big log kind of branch or did you find it outside?

Why you being hostile and defensive?
You have posted the picture and asked what people think so dont get stroppy when someone makes a suggestion to you.
Whats the point in having a nice looking viv if its in practical.
You say your self that some branches are "unpractical" and that you have another plant to go in........ so you are saying you agree with what I said!
If you dont want peoples opinion then dont ask.

No, I wasn't agreeing with what you had said. Some branches as in grapevine in general, not the grapevine in the cage. There's a difference between suggesting something as help and trying to be a critic. I wasn't acting out in any hostile way, I was simply pointing out the negativity in your comment. Most people appreciate enthusiasm if one has something to say.

Very nice! I'd add more branches/vines just so there is a lot of areas to move around on. Where did you get the big log kind of branch or did you find it outside?

The grapevine came from a cage buy that I had, so it had already been sand blasted and cleaned. Score huh?

It looks awesome man! What do you do for drainage?

Thanks! Just to clarify the cage isn't quite done yet, there are a few additions that need to be done. I'm actually in the process of having a large sheet metal tray made through my metal guy that will be the size of the table. All of the cages on the table (three) will be inside the tray but slightly propped up off of the tray so that the bottom of the cage won't be sitting in water. In the center of the tray will be a drainage pipe made of PVC that will run to a bucket underneath the table for dumping.

I LOVE the screen wrapped moss plant. Very easy for a cham to grip on. I enjoy seeing other ideas. Good job in my opinion. Do you find your own grapevine?

No, I wasn't agreeing with what you had said. Some branches as in grapevine in general, not the grapevine in the cage. There's a difference between suggesting something as help and trying to be a critic. I wasn't acting out in any hostile way, I was simply pointing out the negativity in your comment. Most people appreciate enthusiasm if one has something to say.

I thought it best to be straight so as to not to feed your ego anymore.

I LOVE the screen wrapped moss plant. Very easy for a cham to grip on. I enjoy seeing other ideas. Good job in my opinion. Do you find your own grapevine?

No that would be nice though because the grapevine is so expensive! And the fern in the moss was a little fun idea I had to add some liveliness to the cage.

It's unfortunate that there are actually people like yourself on the forums. I'd appreciate if you stopped commenting on the post.

What, people who try to help you but anything that is over the top complementary to you is shot down by yourself in a derogatory way but still agreed with. Grow up mate and except constructive criticism or don't post pictures asking for opinions.

What, people who try to help you but anything that is over the top complementary to you is shot down by yourself in a derogatory way but still agreed with. Grow up mate and except constructive criticism or don't post pictures asking for opinions.

That made absolutely no sense, mate. Like I said I'd appreciate you not plague the thread with your comments

Back
Top Bottom