Pretty interesting post I across

JuniorC

Avid Member
So while doing random research on the forum I came across this post and I'm no where near an expert but based off what I have learned on here the persons setup was basically what we do not want and according to the owner after posting pics the chameleon was around 1 year old and looking pretty darn healthy. Could it have been just one of those cases where the chameleon was getting sufficient uvb from the daily exposure to the sun? And as far as the cage size? Does the chameleon look smaller then usual? If you guys have extra time check out the original post

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/cham-not-eating.172316/page-2

Difficult to say without knowing how much Sunlight the chameleon is exposed to. Also, the limited space is sort of forcing the animal under the UVB source. It can take time for health issues to show, but hopefully that is not going on with Zippy.

I would also say just because a cham appears to be healthy with a smaller enclosure doesn't mean it always will be and isn't a valid reason to not give it more space. If anything having more space and foliage will make the cham feel safer and hopefully less skittish.

Back
Top Bottom