Preparing for New Chameleon

kokom05lb

So after the need of rehoming Ringo and Starr due to money and family issues. I'm secretly starting to prepare for a new chameleon even if its 6 months to a year from now. Anyways back to my crazy enclosure plans. My landlord had an old wooden end table, I asked if i could have it and she said yes. So plans are as months go by are to:

Strip it from the old paint, replace bottom board, waterseal it and stain it. Thats for the base. The base measures 20"x24"x24". I was going to get either a plastic sheeting or plywood covered to prevent water damage. Cut out a big enough hole to put a plant pot in it. Then put the enclosure frame around it, measuring approximately 18"x22"36". I plan on putting a trim around it to hide the screen. I have about a half of roll of pet screen left over, with aluminum screen on top for lights.

I'm planning on getting a tall hibiscus for the pot and have a pothos I'm growing. Looking to use dowels and water seal them. Looking into getting the 24" acadria (something like that) from light your reptiles, the bulb and 6.5k plant bulb.

Looking into getting a jackson sometime after summer or when we move in April 2014. Gives me plenty of time to get the enclosure set up and research done. By that time I'll be able to get a mist king and the water sealant and paint will lose its fumes. Plans are in the works... Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I found this idea on one of my facebook pages and really liked it. Minus the melon plant and put around a hibiscus or a tall ficus would work.

what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 603770_10151448911898492_92598343_n.jpg
    603770_10151448911898492_92598343_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 131
You mean just having an open enclosure like that with a hibiscus? Unless you plan on FR 24/7 then no.

I like the old cabinet idea though. (table, whatever, sorry)

So everyone gets an idea of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• project1.jpg
    project1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 86
  • project2.jpg
    project2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 102
Heres a pic of the pothos I will be using. I picked it up in December and didn't think it was going to make it but it proved me wrong!

Attachments

• pothes.jpg
    pothes.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 79
  • pothes2.jpg
    pothes2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 100
Looking into building this when we get a place to call home. Divide it in the middle and have 2 enclosures.

Attachments

• outdoorenclosures.jpg
    outdoorenclosures.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom