Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

Pjs?
IMAG3758.jpg

Hello I just got my little guy Peepers who is a 5 week old veiled, there are 2 tips I can give you

1 you asked about not putting holes in the cage, I did not want to do this either so I found that when I could a needle and thread worked best for me because they fit so easily through the holes in the mesh.

2 I have found that if you do not want to destroy your floor drainage is a MUST!!!! I realized this the hard way and it was not fun!!! You have the same cage I do and I also thought that the water would pool at the bottom for easy clean up, however that is just not the case because it will leak out the sides of the flooring. I took some suggestions I found here and some ideas of my own and built my own drainage from cheap parts from home Depot. A board, a plastic flower planter and 2 L brackets, drill a few holes and you have drainage I would be happy to add details and or photos of exactly what I did if anyone would like.

Good luck to both you and your new family member!!!

Sorry about that you are way past my post, for some reason my page jumped and I thought I had read through all the previous posts before I "answered" lol

Congrats on your baby girl!!! She is beautiful!!!

She seems to be doing pretty well, however she hasn't been eating from what I've seen... I keep nymph roaches in a little container up in the branches that she has noticed, but even hand feeding her she blatantly ignores the roach, sometimes even stepping on it or grasps it when deciding to move to my other arm.
I'm thinking about picking up some crickets for her to try and see if that appeals to her more. I'm not sure if relocation stress is setting in. She's still exploring her enclosure and she absolutely loves hanging out in the pothos hanging in the bay window
IMAG3773.jpg
I've seen her drinking which is adorable but I'd like to see her eating again. If anything, I do have repticare and some appetite enhancers but I'd hate to force stuff on her

She seems to be doing pretty well, however she hasn't been eating from what I've seen... I keep nymph roaches in a little container up in the branches that she has noticed, but even hand feeding her she blatantly ignores the roach, sometimes even stepping on it or grasps it when deciding to move to my other arm.
I'm thinking about picking up some crickets for her to try and see if that appeals to her more. I'm not sure if relocation stress is setting in. She's still exploring her enclosure and she absolutely loves hanging out in the pothos hanging in the bay window
View attachment 185028
I've seen her drinking which is adorable but I'd like to see her eating again. If anything, I do have repticare and some appetite enhancers but I'd hate to force stuff on her
Yeah just try out some other feeders . Frances won't eat them either . I think they bore her lol . She likes fast moving things crickets , super worms . She like things that twirl around and act crazy .

IMAG3774.jpg
I moved them up closer to her and she doesn't look too thrilled about it. I'll run to the pet store and get some small crickets.
All the superworms I ever see are huge. Do they sell small supers?

Immediate success.
As soon as she saw those crickets she gobbled up like 4 of them and did her little wiggle dance.
IMAG3776.jpg
I got her a brand new little feeder cup too from the bird section.

Immediate success.
As soon as she saw those crickets she gobbled up like 4 of them and did her little wiggle dance.
View attachment 185036
I got her a brand new little feeder cup too from the bird section.
So those roaches bore her too lol . Be sure too gut load the rest of the crickets . Not sure where they come from or how they gut load them . If you do it you will be sure there fully supplemented . Happy feeders happy baby girl :love:.

I think they were feeding them Flukers cricket food. I'll be sure to offer them delicious greens.

So Ja Ja is OBSESSED with her new feeding cup. She's just been circling it slowly and watching the crickets, then walking around and looking again. She has the look on her face when you're so full but really want another piece of pizza.

I think they were feeding them Flukers cricket food. I'll be sure to offer them delicious greens.

So Ja Ja is OBSESSED with her new feeding cup. She's just been circling it slowly and watching the crickets, then walking around and looking again. She has the look on her face when you're so full but really want another piece of pizza.
Oh she's spying on her crickets hehe . So cute !!. They are so intriguing too watch .

As long as she is learning to associate that bright green cup with food, I'm happy :) maybe I can sneak some roaches in there too and she'll accidently eat them...

Back
Top Bottom