Premature hatch nutrients

The last month has been exciting. Two new hatchlings. One is fat and happy....the other skinny and scrawny. There is a 10 day gap between the two but at this point little dude is no where the size of the other at that point in age.

Little guy eats like a champ...only thing growing is his tail. I'll post pics when it can.

Photos would definitely help. There is a mortality rate for hatchlings though as a rule....you can't expect 100% hatch rate all the time.

He's a couple pics. I have the Flukers reptile medicine that is suppose to made into a slurry. Has anyone used it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_154549.jpg
    IMG_20200528_154549.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200528_154557.jpg
    IMG_20200528_154557.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 73
If he's eating them let him get what he needs from real quality food. As small as he is you will just end up choking him on the Flukers

He slays the bugs no problem. I have them on wingless and pinheads dusted once a day. Three heavy feedings a day. They are at the point that they can almost do baby dubias.

Good point. Have him in a bigger cage now his own light with no competition. I noticed today that his balance is getting off and when he went to smack a fruit fly it was like his tongue was disoriented on the come back. His tongue smacked him in the side of his head. Funny yet concerning.

For Jackson's I separate them into pairs or solo cages ASAP. Panthers can usually hangout until 2-3 months. I would consider this guy an exception to the rule.

Yeah I'm with you on breaking them up. Pain in the A, but I'm going to move little dude into a smaller enclosure. Fingers crossed that he'll be less stressed and get his appetite up. He's just super lethargic to the point that he wobbles and isn't so aggressive while hunting. Sucks because I just finished up making a suitable enclosure for the two until they had to be broken up (which I was hoping would be in at least another month.

Moved little guy outside today and was slapped in the face with the fact it likes it when it's 95 out. Couple of hours of natural sun, few crickets and an annoying amount of misting's and it's partying again. Was good to see healthy activity vs a lethargic chameleon.

Something im considering is leaving it in the dark with a humid environment for a couple of days. I keep thinking I should have let it chilled out more now that I'm 100% it didn't have full full development.

Back
Top Bottom