Pregnant veiled no signs of eggs

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hey everyone, I successfully mated 2 of my veileds on October 30th and November 9th, my female is displaying gravid colors now, but she doesn't look like she has any eggs.. she's relatively skinny and I can't feel any eggs inside of her if I feel her belly. Might be a very small clutch maybe? Or there's a chance of her not laying this time? She should be pretty close to laying according to the 30-40 days estimated time.. any thoughts?
IMG_20211202_132258.jpg

Haven’t changed temps or feeding schedule, temps are 80° on basking branch and I feed her 5/6 feeders every other day. No D3 every feeding, with D3 every other Sunday alternated with multivitamins

It might be a small clutch due to the amount you're feeding her and the basking temperature.

Do you have a lay bin in her cage?
Yes, I have 2 laying bins and 3 big pots, also the bottom of the cage is covered completely. I'm just curious about her size and the fact that I can't feel her eggs.. hopefully it'll just be a small clutch

She's definitely showing gravid coloration. How musty insects do you feed her in a week and what's her basking temperature? Have you changed it since she mated?

Pretty girl!
I have another question. When a female is carrying eggs having been mated or just carrying infertile eggs will they all show the same colors as the one above, the gravid colors.

They can/will sometimes not hold the dark background color when they are just in a cage by themselves....but should display the dots and yellow markings.

If there is another chameleon around then the dark background should come out again.

It varies with the chameleon.

They can/will sometimes not hold the dark background color when they are just in a cage by themselves....but should display the dots and yellow markings.

If there is another chameleon around then the dark background should come out again.

It varies with the chameleon.
Thanks for the info!!

Still no eggs.. I got a camera set up on the pots and laying bin, not much activity though :/ the cage is covered on 3 sides so she has privacy, but apparently she's just basking most of the day. I'll keep you guys posted

Back
Top Bottom