Pregnant veiled chameleon not eating! Please help!!

The sooner you fill out the help form, the sooner you can be given help which will provide the best chance for your little girl to make it.
This may help if you are dropping water in her mouth. The red arrow is the airway and you need to avoid that at all costs. Aim for the back where the blue arrow is pointing. If you are able to get her to eat a hornworm that will help hydrate her too...they are just bags of water.
View attachment 273482

Has she been pooping?
I hope you aren't bugging her....fooling around with her when she's in this state because if you are you're going to make her die for sure.
Sadly, if you don't give us the answers to the questions we can't really even guess what's wrong or help.

Copy and paste.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

The reason I am not doing the questions is because my chameleon has been having dying symptoms because she is already old 2 years she looks very young, I just wanted hope that my baby wouldn’t die painfully, I hope my baby stays safe, Thank you all for caring so much I really have not felt so much support. My chameleon has been happy and showed signs of his happiness. I love my baby and really really appreciate it. Please say goodnight prayers to my sleeping beauty.

The reason I am not doing the questions is because my chameleon has been having dying symptoms because she is already old 2 years she looks very young, I just wanted hope that my baby wouldn’t die painfully, I hope my baby stays safe, Thank you all for caring so much I really have not felt so much support. My chameleon has been happy and showed signs of his happiness. I love my baby and really really appreciate it. Please say goodnight prayers to my sleeping beauty.
Two years old is not old for a veiled.

So ...you love her so much ...so much that you won't answer the questions so we know what's going on. She hasn't got her adult colors but you're telling us she's about 2 years old. You love her so much that all you want is for us to comfort you while you stand by letting your chameleon die (likely in pain)? Sad.

The reason I am not doing the questions is because my chameleon has been having dying symptoms because she is already old
That is not old at all. If she looks small it is because you have been giving her improper care. By not answering the questions, and continuing the improper care, you giving her a death sentence.

So ...you love her so much ...so much that you won't answer the questions so we know what's going on. She hasn't got her adult colors but you're telling us she's about 2 years old. You love her so much that all you want is for us to comfort you while you stand by letting your chameleon die (likely in pain)? Sad.
I had help from someone who knows a lot about animals and we just have her water and she’s doing much better for some reason, misting and even dripping is to little to my chameleon for an odd reason!

I feel so bad for your chameleon. Too have an owner like you, mistreating her. How sad.

Your chameleon can potentially live 10-15 years(per Petr)...whoever told you 3 years is not informed, and neither are you. I am leaving this thread now because it upsets me that you are killing your animal.

Last edited:
You said.."I was told she would die at about 3 years anyways update! Revived gave water drank a lot! Doing much better now!"...they often seem to rally for a bit. I've been keeping chameleons for over 30 years and my veiled females all live to be at least 6 or 7 years of age.

You said..."I had help from someone who knows a lot about animals and we just have her water and she’s doing much better for some reason, misting and even drip"...good luck!

I feel so bad for your chameleon. Too have an owner like you, mistreating her. How sad.

Your chameleon can potentially live 10-15 years...whoever told you 3 years is not informed, and neither are you. I am leaving this thread now because it upsets me that you are killing your animal.
I got her from PetSmart and they told me so many things about her, it is now upsetting me that most of the things they said are wrong. I understand you for sure.

You said.."I was told she would die at about 3 years anyways update! Revived gave water drank a lot! Doing much better now!"...they often seem to rally for a bit. I've been keeping chameleons for over 30 years and my veiled females all live to be at least 6 or 7 years of age.

You said..."I had help from someone who knows a lot about animals and we just have her water and she’s doing much better for some reason, misting and even drip"...good luck!

Thank you! She is doing better by the minute, I really thought I was going to lose her, I hope to get more accurate information, thank you.

I got her from PetSmart and they told me so many things about her, it is now upsetting me that most of the things they said are wrong. I understand you for sure.
If you understood me you would answer the questions and help your animal. This is why I am done with this thread. You are not helping, just prolonging her suffering.

Fill out the questions and you will get the most accurate information specific for your chameleon.
But i have said this multiple times throughout this thread.
At this point I am wasting my time.
I’ve been trying to answer the question but I’m trying to answer everyone almost done filling it out, I apologize.

Copy and paste.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, Female, and apparently 2 but looks like 1. I have gotten this chameleon a year ago at PetSmart.
  • Handling - Try letting them out about 2 times a month.
  • Feeding - Eats a lot of crickets dusted in Calcium and loves mealworms, eats waxworms, and calciworms. Eats about 6 crickets and 2 of the rest. Everyday, rest are more like snacks here and there.
  • Supplements - I am using a brand called ZooMed for most of my things.
  • Watering - Misting has dripper but chameleon does not seem to drink from it. I miss about a 1 min every hour. Have seen chameleon drink but not usually.
  • Fecal Description - Droppings have not really changed but a little more white that looks kinda yellowish. I was told that they were but don’t really trust the place I got them from anymore.
  • History - I know he was from PetSmart looked like a little baby they did not mention where he came from though.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Use screen, chameleon is getting a brand new big cage with things suggested by y’all to make sure he is happy. W
  • Lighting - Again using a ZooMed, Using heat lamp and a bluish lamp I forgot what it was will check. On all day but when the Cham is asleep I turn it off.
  • Temperature - Temp is about a little hotter then room temp. Room temp is about the lowest it gets. Bought a monitor that is broken getting fixed currently.
  • Humidity - Same as above. Would measure with a monitor but currently having to use hand. Zoo Med heat monitor.
  • Plants - Employee said we didn’t need plants which was questioning but getting whole new setup tomorrow if you can help with that also.
  • Placement - We decided to put it a little near a window if that’s ok. Cage is on a table so pretty high off the floor.
  • Location - Located on more of a city/country side so not very loud.

Current Problem - All of a sudden got dehydrated.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom