Pregnant Jackson's

Shannongagnon3

I rescueda pregnant Jacksons 3 days ago. She had a clutch of 10 in September, and since has been in the same tiny enclosure with the male. Her colors have drastically changed since bringing her home. She was dark green and black, and now bright green. Also the friendliest little girl. Comes to me whenever I open her cage.
They said she COULD BE pregnant. She probably is...I know they have live births, but is there any extra care she needs? I have only seen her eat one waxworm (dusted of course) since bringing her home, but she may have got a cricket or two. I understand she may stop eating right before babies make their debut.
She seems to love basking. She sits on her hind legs with her two front feet up in the air like she is dancing.
Does she need extra water? Food? Humidity? Etc. Thanks. First time with a preggo Jackson.

I am in the process of also setting up a screened enclosure for the babes when they arrive. Any info for their care as well is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_190618_058.jpg
    IMG_20191205_190618_058.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 20191205_075811.jpg
    20191205_075811.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20191205_190618_057.jpg
    IMG_20191205_190618_057.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Snapchat-1998026155.jpg
    Snapchat-1998026155.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20191205_190618_059.jpg
    IMG_20191205_190618_059.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Snapchat-1414088511.jpg
    Snapchat-1414088511.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 176
Jackson's are the best! I'm in the same boat with my female Xanth and expecting her to pop with some enclosures aside for the babies.

Best thing you can do is make sure she is getting gutloaded meals and make sure she's getting the right dosing on non D3 calcium weekly.

What dimension is her enclosure?

While we wait for our resident Jackson's keeper @JacksJill, please feel free to fill out the following form (copy/paste) o that we have a full picture and can ensure that you're getting off on the right foot. Especially with babies likely on the horizon! A picture of her enclosure lights down would also be very helpful.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Would you at all be interested im selling any of the babies when they do arrive or some time after? I'm currently looking for a jackson chameleon, so i thought I'd ask just in case.

All I can say being that it's day 2, pre order your fruit fly culture now and have it going... 30 babies currently are going through a ton twice a day.

Based on what you can get fruitflies for at your local chain store you will be going through a few cultures per feeding as they tend to not sell mature producing cultures.

Back
Top Bottom