Pregnant Chameleon...Maybe not???? Help

My Female Panther Chameleon was bred on Sept 27th and to this day she has not laid her eggs.

She appeared to be getting larger and ready to lay but when I looked at her today she appears to be skinnier. I looked in the laying bins within her enclosure and no eggs. I looked within the cage and no eggs were found but she appears skinnier. Did I miss something????

Checking her body is not always a reliable source.

It can take a female 4-6 weeks usually from breeding to laying.

does your girl have a good place to lay her eggs?

She could have already laid if there was a good place to. My female has laid while I was at work. I noticed she looked skinny and dug up some eggs.

Definitely check plant pots and anywhere else she can lay. Some people have had babies pop up in the cage from plant pots when they didn't know the female was gravid.

I have two pots in her cage. One had live plant with soil. other is filled with play sand and soil mixture. Both moist and has an area for privacy

cheer up

One of my females recently pulled a houdini. i was worried at the time length. i watched her mate, so i knew she was probably preggers. she mated the same week as her sister. she swolt up and then looked like kate moss on a diet. i figured maybe she reabsorbed the eggs and that they weren't fertilized. wrong! 28 healthy happy looking eggs. So, check her bins regularly. a tip: setup a webcam to take time elapse pix or something. you can check w/out disturbing her, when you get home. good luck.

in laying bin!

My female is in the laying bin finally. Never found eggs before so this may be the the first clutch from her breeding back in september. I hope all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom