praying mantis?

It would probably be best to just rescreen your panels. That’s what I’ve had to do for several. It’s really not all that difficult to do.

It would probably be best to just rescreen your panels. That’s what I’ve had to do for several. It’s really not all that difficult to do.
yeah that was the plan, but i only have like 5 holes left to recover and honestly the magnetic screen repair things are soooo easy to apply, but i should’ve done that from the start lol

I dont bother with seperating unless you want to grow them to adult size. My chams eat them like m&m’s as hatchlings. The ones that cannibalize just make dor a bigger snack later!
also sorry for the late and random question lol, but do you provide any humidity while the eggs are hatching or should i just let them be how they are?

that’s fascinating, i never knew costco would ever even sell those 🤔. I’ve heard a lot about the cannibalistic tendencies, i’m just hoping i’ll at least have 50-100 that grow to be big enough for him to actually enjoy them, i do have a huge storage container i can use that will maybe help with cannibalism if i need
You will have many more than that most likely :).

My chams ate the babies instantly. I had about 100 or more hatch, I ended up letting some go in my yard I had so many.

Sounds fun! Count me in. Ordering now.
Whoo hoo! Gonna be a mantis party (chameleon buffet)!
Dance Party Dancing GIF by d00dbuffet
Karma Chameleon Bug GIF by joanramone

let me know where you end up ordering from!😊🤩
I ordered from Arbico, the place you recommended. I'm scared of praying mantis. My stomach is in knots. What am I doing? Why am I doing this? I don't like reptiles or bugs yet my house is full of them. Who knew that I would love my Chams so much that I purposefully have a room full of bugs. Last week I left the grasshopper bin open and they all escaped. A week later, I'm still finding escaped grasshoppers. And yes, I still scream when they jump. I'm better. I scream and then catch them.
Screenshot_20240306_090550_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
do they need to be keep at a warmer temperature consistently? And if so how are you guys achieving this?

I ordered from Arbico, the place you recommended. I'm scared of praying mantis. My stomach is in knots. What am I doing? Why am I doing this? I don't like reptiles or bugs yet my house is full of them. Who knew that I would love my Chams so much that I purposefully have a room full of bugs. Last week I left the grasshopper bin open and they all escaped. A week later, I'm still finding escaped grasshoppers. And yes, I still scream when they jump. I'm better. I scream and then catch them.View attachment 352548
Same! I’m always sitting here wondering what on earth I’ve become with all the bugs I have. 🫤

I ordered from Arbico, the place you recommended. I'm scared of praying mantis. My stomach is in knots. What am I doing? Why am I doing this? I don't like reptiles or bugs yet my house is full of them. Who knew that I would love my Chams so much that I purposefully have a room full of bugs. Last week I left the grasshopper bin open and they all escaped. A week later, I'm still finding escaped grasshoppers. And yes, I still scream when they jump. I'm better. I scream and then catch them.View attachment 352548
😂😂this is the funniest thing i’ve read in a while. The addiction for reptiles will get you in some predicaments you never would’ve imagined, but we do it for the love of our chameleons🥰😍

do they need to be keep at a warmer temperature consistently? And if so how are you guys achieving this?
i’ve had mixed results on this. Online it says they will hatch anywhere from 75-80F, I decided i’m not going to give them any extra heat cause my room temperature is 75 during the daytime, but if you do decide to give them extra heat then simply putting them next to a window will be good enough (depending on where you live). I did read that you’re supposed to mist the container lightly every day or every other day so the ooth doesn’t get too dry, but don’t spray the ooth directly

i’ve had mixed results on this. Online it says they will hatch anywhere from 75-80F, I decided i’m not going to give them any extra heat cause my room temperature is 75 during the daytime, but if you do decide to give them extra heat then simply putting them next to a window will be good enough (depending on where you live). I did read that you’re supposed to mist the container lightly every day or every other day so the ooth doesn’t get too dry, but don’t spray the ooth directly
Thank you that was exactly what I needed to know. I just ordered some from the place you recommended ☺️

When you see the babies, I think your fears will be calmed. They are cute (and very observant). They are also very tiny. If one or six escape, I dont worry about it. I probably will never see them again - and if I do, I place them on my house plants. They would never make it to adult size or anywhere even close ot it roaming the house.

When you see the babies, I think your fears will be calmed. They are cute (and very observant). They are also very tiny. If one or six escape, I dont worry about it. I probably will never see them again - and if I do, I place them on my house plants. They would never make it to adult size or anywhere even close ot it roaming the house.
Oh gosh reading this made me think I’m gonna develop a bond with them 🤣

my ooths or oothecas came… sadly they came so fast I didn’t even know they sat in my mailbox all night and the temps were in the 30s… I wonder if they will even make it now 😭

Back
Top Bottom