praying mantis?

I have these but I'm considering setting them free! I'm doing waaaayyyy to much. I'm actually scared of all of these bugs!! I scream several times a day, everyday. Maybe this breeding thing is not for me. Never mind the fact that I have an entire army of tiny praying mantis. I haven't figured out how to give them fruit flies. They are at the top ofcthe container. 1 false move and they can all escape. I think I need a hazmat suit.View attachment 353681
Hell, I'll take some pupates off your hands! I hate waiting the two weeks for them to graduate from metamorphosis and hatch!

Ya'll come in here and shut the door. I can't find the container with the two remaining OOTHECA! I rearranged/ organized the Chameleon/crafting room. I don't see the containers anywhere. OMG- I'm a nervous wreck. I'll never be able to stop looking or go to sleep until they are found. What if they hatch, grow very big and punch the top off. I'm absolutely terrified.🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶😭😭😭😭😭😭😱😱😱😱😱😱😫

Ya'll come in here and shut the door. I can't find the container with the two remaining OOTHECA! I rearranged/ organized the Chameleon/crafting room. I don't see the containers anywhere. OMG- I'm a nervous wreck. I'll never be able to stop looking or go to sleep until they are found. What if they hatch, grow very big and punch the top off. I'm absolutely terrified.🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶😭😭😭😭😭😭😱😱😱😱😱😱😫
You totally crack me up. 😂 It will be ok. If you accidentally put it in the trash, all that means is you won’t have them and they sadly won’t survive long. The same if they are in your house somewhere and you can’t find them quickly enough. It will all be ok and there’s nothing to fear. Relax, take some deep cleansing breaths and keep calm. Then start a fresh search if you like, but a slower and more focused one. When I am frantically looking for something, I’ll search the whole house repeatedly. It’s only after I’ve calmed and slowed down that I find the darned thing right in front of me.

Oh. My. God. 😧 Happily going along, tra la la, feeding the chams and beardies, collecting last night’s hornworm eggs…saw a small mantis in the hall. Figured it must have been an escapee. Then saw another. What? 🫤 Started to sit to take care of my baby silkies and eyelash babies (hornworms) and there’s a couple more mantis….and another here…and there…and over there…and every freaking where! 😱 I quickly checked my last unhatched ooth and still safe and sealed. :unsure: Then I saw the hatched ooth that I left sitting in the room and after a quick inspection…THE DA*#@ THING HAD A SECOND HATCHING!! I spent about an hour trying to catch them all and think I got most. I had no idea that these can have a second batch of eggs that will hatch at another time. Are there more in there? Thankfully I left the other hatched ooths in the enclosures I dumped the mantids in and this ooth is now safely in an enclosure just in case there’s any more. This was the only one I took and left out. Jeez Louise!
So, those of you who have the ooths, don’t trust that there’s no more after one hatching!

Oh. My. God. 😧 Happily going along, tra la la, feeding the chams and beardies, collecting last night’s hornworm eggs…saw a small mantis in the hall. Figured it must have been an escapee. Then saw another. What? 🫤 Started to sit to take care of my baby silkies and eyelash babies (hornworms) and there’s a couple more mantis….and another here…and there…and over there…and every freaking where! 😱 I quickly checked my last unhatched ooth and still safe and sealed. :unsure: Then I saw the hatched ooth that I left sitting in the room and after a quick inspection…THE DA*#@ THING HAD A SECOND HATCHING!! I spent about an hour trying to catch them all and think I got most. I had no idea that these can have a second batch of eggs that will hatch at another time. Are there more in there? Thankfully I left the other hatched ooths in the enclosures I dumped the mantids in and this ooth is now safely in an enclosure just in case there’s any more. This was the only one I took and left out. Jeez Louise!
So, those of you who have the ooths, don’t trust that there’s no more after one hatching!
LOL😂😂! that’s such a funny but scary story, i’ve had 10-20 escapees but out of all my ooths that hatched none of them did this so that’s super interesting!

You totally crack me up. 😂 It will be ok. If you accidentally put it in the trash, all that means is you won’t have them and they sadly won’t survive long. The same if they are in your house somewhere and you can’t find them quickly enough. It will all be ok and there’s nothing to fear. Relax, take some deep cleansing breaths and keep calm. Then start a fresh search if you like, but a slower and more focused one. When I am frantically looking for something, I’ll search the whole house repeatedly. It’s only after I’ve calmed and slowed down that I find the darned thing right in front of me.
Me too! I have about thirty things to do in each room (rough approximation) and I will start one task, then forget about it because I saw something that needed to be done in the next room 🤦‍♀️

Why! Why! Why!😭

My very last ooth hatched today and I released it into Mango’s enclosure. This little guy was just looking so photogenic that I couldn’t resist.
IMG_6043.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom