Praying Mantis

Kamran_k

Established Member
Will a Chinese Mantis be a good food source for a cham? I heard they like to eat mantis but I'm worried about how they can bite and from experience from being around them they are quite fast and agile.

I too have fed mantids to my (pack, swarm, pod...?) chameleons. I’ve yet to see a negative interaction...at least from the chams’ perspective. Obviously most mantid-chameleon encounters are negative interactions from the mantis’ point of view.

Nelson loves them!!! Iv never had any bad things come from him eating them. I regularly buy a couple ooths from Full Throttle Feeders and hatch them out for my 2 chams. I kinda enjoy it too lol.

Nelson loves them!!! Iv never had any bad things come from him eating them. I regularly buy a couple ooths from Full Throttle Feeders and hatch them out for my 2 chams. I kinda enjoy it too lol.

Interesting! You should do a post on your experience raising them as feeders! Do you separate them? Or feed them off young? Or let them control their own population by eating each other? Whats their setup? Please do a thread on it :notworthy:

Interesting! You should do a post on your experience raising them as feeders! Do you separate them? Or feed them off young? Or let them control their own population by eating each other? Whats their setup? Please do a thread on it :notworthy:
Second this statement!

Yea im planning on buying an egg sac and using some as feeders and keeping 1-2 I heard there pretty easy to care for.

I’ll take some pics tomorrow and definitely post a how too on this!!! It’s not too hard. I separate them about 2 weeks after the hatch into their own small deli cups. It’s a lot of work kinda but it’s way fun and Nelson and Sydney like be them!! It’s a nice treat and change of pace for them.

Back
Top Bottom