Praying mantis ooth.

Aaenson

Is there anywhere that I can buy one of these, shipped or not, this early in the season, the local garden shops just sold out 1-3 weeks ago. I am aiming for a chinese praying mantis ooth.

Thanks
-Jacob

i would start with the classifieds section of mantidforum.net , some indoor grow shops carry them year round. you could also try mantisplace.com , theinsectstore.com or mantiskingdom.com ,sometimes you can find them in fauna classifieds insect section. you could also try googling beneficial insects , your'e right, bacon does make everything better, except for cholesterol & heart disease

Last edited:
A member on here SSimsswiSS i think has some. I have gotten 2 Chinese praying mantis ooths for him and within a week i had tons of little babies:) Pm him

Mantiskingdom.com seems to be dead

i would start with the classifieds section of mantidforum.net , some indoor grow shops carry them year round. you could also try mantisplace.com , theinsectstore.com or mantiskingdom.com ,sometimes you can find them in fauna classifieds insect section. you could also try googling beneficial insects , your'e right, bacon does make everything better, except for cholesterol & heart disease

Mantiskingdom.com seems to be dead. Everything in the store is sold out and the last update on the site is March 09.

Does anyone know what is up with them?

LOL sorry! I went to the place to look up Mantis' and not Ooths. Sorry again. =P

maybe you should go hiking and find two to mate or maybe even an ooth!

I heard home depot sells Mantis'

i have contacted the place where my last ooths came from , naturescontrol.com and they (like most commercial breeders of mantids) have a season of availability of dec.-july. there is a party (not an endorsement) on mantidforum.net who has 2 chinese ooths available now http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18169 you will probably need to join (free) in order to view the thread or contact him.

Thanks for all the help guys, I lost internet for a while then my computer crashed X( but I found some. Thanks again.

-Jacob

I know that this is way out of date, but I was curious what exactly and ooth was. Apparently an ooth, short for oothecas are very pricey $30 and up on mantisplace.com, because they produce many mantids... hundreds of them depending on the ooth

I know that this is way out of date, but I was curious what exactly and ooth was. Apparently an ooth, short for oothecas are very pricey $30 and up on mantisplace.com, because they produce many mantids... hundreds of them depending on the ooth

Oothecas are special types of egg cases that contain many, many, MANY mantis eggs. Generally they start out soft but harden later on. I've had a couple ooths in my garden but never bothered to keep one. I like mantids in the garden-they get rid of pests.

Back
Top Bottom