Prayers and Well Wishes For Fiona

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
My girl that was receptive, Fiona has been having a hard time laying a small clutch of eggs. I took her to the vet last Thursday the 17th and he did an x-ray. It's the first x-ray below. You could only see 6 or 7 eggs and the vet said they didn't seem calcified. All day this past Wednesday she tried to lay. She stayed butt first in a rather shallow hole all day Wednesday, all night Wednesday and she stayed in the hole most of the morning Thursday. Then she covered the holes and returned to her branch. I gave her a long mist and she ate for me. There was only one tiny egg on the top of the soil in the laying bin not even close to the hole. I sifted through the sand twice and no more eggs. I took her back to the vet this passed Thursday the 24th and he did another x-ray. You really couldn't see any eggs. He had me give her a drop of liquid calcium everyday and said that might help the eggs to calcify or she might absorb them or he might have to do surgery. Yesterday she was back in the laying bin again...all day and all night. At first with her head down digging and then head out like she's trying to lay. She laid two more small eggs in the hole this time. She is scheduled for surgery this Thursday at 8 am. Please keep my sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers.

My beautiful Fiona and her x-rays.

IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

Omg I hope all goes well *crosses fingers* it's odd she's having issues with such a small clutch. I am so glad you aren't wasting time and taking her into surgery while she still looks like she can handle it. I will keep you two on my mind. I gotta take two of my babies in as well (Ryker and one of my cats, though not for near enough of a scary issue) seems like this may be the trend this month.

My thoughts will be with you.

My girl that was receptive, Fiona has been having a hard time laying a small clutch of eggs. I took her to the vet last Thursday the 17th and he did an x-ray. It's the first x-ray below. You could only see 6 or 7 eggs and the vet said they didn't seem calcified. All day this past Wednesday she tried to lay. She stayed butt first in a rather shallow hole all day Wednesday, all night Wednesday and she stayed in the hole most of the morning Thursday. Then she covered the holes and returned to her branch. I gave her a long mist and she ate for me. There was only one tiny egg on the top of the soil in the laying bin not even close to the hole. I sifted through the sand twice and no more eggs. I took her back to the vet this passed Thursday the 24th and he did another x-ray. You really couldn't see any eggs. He had me give her a drop of liquid calcium everyday and said that might help the eggs to calcify or she might absorb them or he might have to do surgery. Yesterday she was back in the laying bin again...all day and all night. At first with her head down digging and then head out like she's trying to lay. She laid two more small eggs in the hole this time. She is scheduled for surgery this Thursday at 8 am. Please keep my sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers.

My beautiful Fiona and her x-rays.

View attachment 189386 View attachment 189387

View attachment 189388

View attachment 189389
Prayers and positive thoughts for pretty Fiona :love:. Please keep us updated .

Thank you so much for the prayers and wishes for Fiona.

She is out of surgery and breathing on her own. Her insides were a mess, gooey and sticky. He cleaned out everything he could. She had rotten mildewy eggs in one ovary and the other ovary had a vilable egg in it. He's hoping she'll be OK. He said he did everything he could and I can call and check on her later. He said she would have been dead in a few days if we hadn't tried the surgery.

Here's a post OP picture Dr. Doug sent me of Fiona with the vet from Peru that working there for three month learning about reptiles from Doug.

IMG_3556.JPG

Thank you so much for the prayers and wishes for Fiona.

She is out of surgery and breathing on her own. Her insides were a mess, gooey and sticky. He cleaned out everything he could. She had rotten mildewy eggs in one ovary and the other ovary had a vilable egg in it. He's hoping she'll be OK. He said he did everything he could and I can call and check on her later. He said she would have been dead in a few days if we hadn't tried the surgery.

Here's a post OP picture Dr. Doug sent me of Fiona with the vet from Peru that working there for three month learning about reptiles from Doug.

View attachment 189477
I've been thinking of you both all day . Hoping Fiona was ok . So happy you pushed her sergery up . Prayers Fiona has a Quick recovery . :love:

Omg I am so glad you got surgery for her! rotting eggs in the body is not good D8, did you have her spayed?

Hoping she recovers well, will keep sending all my good thoughts your way for the first 48 hours for sure, usually they are better off after that. Thank god she is breathing on her own <3

Back
Top Bottom