Ppretty please help

Art182

Chameleon: Veiled Chameleon, believed to be Female. maybe 3 months old.
Handling: I tried to get her out a couple minutes every day. I tried to feed her and get her to use my hand a branch in order to reach the food in my other hand. Still she does not trust.
Feeding: 10 crikets in the morning. 3 worms in the evening. Should i feed her in a bottle?
Supplements: Cirkets get dusted with calcium when i buy them at the store. Should i put more?
Watering: I just ad a dripper yesterday. I saw her drinking.
Fecal Description: Solid black, kind of big, and some white part at the end. hopefully this gets better with dripper.
History: No history.

Cage Type: Reptibreze 16X16X30
Lighting: a 50 watts heat bulb, a dark bulb for night, and a 5.0 UVB. Planning on changing to the linear ine.
Temperature. Have heater on on the house. usually his cage is about 75 in the day at the highest point and 60 at night with no heat lamps on.
Humidity. Strugling a little bit with that. improving with the dripper. Spraying often. the problem is that with the dripper is not allowing to dry completly.
Placement: In the corner of one of our rooms. Room is goign to be a game room, so at the time there is nothing on it. he is on top of furniture. There is a fan close to it. but i does not really blow a lot of hair. that is the colder room in the house.
Location: Texas, very cold at this time fo the year. Should i need different heat lamps?

Current problem: Im just new to Chameleons. I only noticed she is often a at wierd color. like green and black. then i open the cage to see whats going on, she goes on top and then she gets beautiful green color. I have been improving. I even add a live plant. I dont know how this helps. because i usually let the crikets in the cage so she can hunt them. any recommendations are good. how can i improve handling. she does not seem to like it alot. how to prepare for her laying eggs? should i add more green leaves? also I heard the lights should be at least 6 inches from the chameleon. My her highest point is attached to the top of the cage. Should i move it. she is constantly there in the day and then at night she goes down and sleeps in the middle.please help with anything. thanks.

3432A114-DFC0-404E-AF04-32EDA0B79970.jpeg
84E7D352-B1D3-489B-B36F-81002D21F026.jpeg
B28FEBEC-D70D-4DA9-AE28-388935C8AA79.jpeg
9DAB213F-29EC-4BA4-BA9E-B36DD0328C77.jpeg
B28FEBEC-D70D-4DA9-AE28-388935C8AA79.jpeg
B93BDD25-95EC-4EAD-8074-88B405AF1285.jpeg
136A48F7-E3FC-4438-BB4A-6DC740C6FA75.jpeg
136A48F7-E3FC-4438-BB4A-6DC740C6FA75.jpeg
74E87830-1199-41FC-979C-D74096CFA1DA.jpeg

Attachments

• FFE4BE66-C3B5-4565-AD7A-7FD98684E2C9.jpeg
    FFE4BE66-C3B5-4565-AD7A-7FD98684E2C9.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 48
don't try handling he/she yet you gotta gain trust slowly hand feeding and slowly reach out your arm this might that weeks to months of bonding. are they mealworms? if so DO NOT FEED THEM! super worms are fine just not mealworms. feed her in a bottle no way you can either feed her by hand if trusted or put a cup in the enclosure and then put the food in there. I dust mine in my crickets gutload and when I'm gonna feed him and what time of calcium and vitamins D3 and without D3 for calcium and vitamins. I put half calcium and half vitamins in a bag then shake it up and pour a little whenever you doing it. have calcium and vitamins without D3 every feeding & the calcium and vitamins with D3 every 2 weeks. Add a mister that you can spray onto leaves and spray for at least 2 minutes. should be white spots may be more water but overall good. Where did you get her/him? go for a 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall I suggest getting either a t5HO or T8 linear UVB and bulb (use a Zoo Med 10.0 if the cage is at least 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall) get a regular white light heat incandescent bulb from the hardware store instead (they last longer and are cheaper than reptile basking bulbs suggestions. The basking like should get at least to 85. Get a fogger for use at night. Keep your cham properly hydrated as they are in the wild. I do suggest in the game room with all the sounds not healthy for cham and move him into a warmer room. Get live plants to keep humidity and to catch the water veilds are known for eating plants so add some plants into a diet like parsley kale stuff like that and they like a snack on pothos. Just go crazy on the plants. ask me if you have more questions or anyone else that have some good knowledge of chameleons! @Art182

Chameleon: Veiled Chameleon, believed to be Female. maybe 3 months old.
Handling: I tried to get her out a couple minutes every day. I tried to feed her and get her to use my hand a branch in order to reach the food in my other hand. Still she does not trust.
Feeding: 10 crikets in the morning. 3 worms in the evening. Should i feed her in a bottle?
Supplements: Cirkets get dusted with calcium when i buy them at the store. Should i put more?
Watering: I just ad a dripper yesterday. I saw her drinking.
Fecal Description: Solid black, kind of big, and some white part at the end. hopefully this gets better with dripper.
History: No history.

Cage Type: Reptibreze 16X16X30
Lighting: a 50 watts heat bulb, a dark bulb for night, and a 5.0 UVB. Planning on changing to the linear ine.
Temperature. Have heater on on the house. usually his cage is about 75 in the day at the highest point and 60 at night with no heat lamps on.
Humidity. Strugling a little bit with that. improving with the dripper. Spraying often. the problem is that with the dripper is not allowing to dry completly.
Placement: In the corner of one of our rooms. Room is goign to be a game room, so at the time there is nothing on it. he is on top of furniture. There is a fan close to it. but i does not really blow a lot of hair. that is the colder room in the house.
Location: Texas, very cold at this time fo the year. Should i need different heat lamps?

Current problem: Im just new to Chameleons. I only noticed she is often a at wierd color. like green and black. then i open the cage to see whats going on, she goes on top and then she gets beautiful green color. I have been improving. I even add a live plant. I dont know how this helps. because i usually let the crikets in the cage so she can hunt them. any recommendations are good. how can i improve handling. she does not seem to like it alot. how to prepare for her laying eggs? should i add more green leaves? also I heard the lights should be at least 6 inches from the chameleon. My her highest point is attached to the top of the cage. Should i move it. she is constantly there in the day and then at night she goes down and sleeps in the middle.please help with anything. thanks.
Chams are like fish, look but don’t touch. Only handle her if she asks for it (climbs onto you herself), otherwise leave her be. At her age, feed her as much as she’ll eat in a sitting multiple times a day. Make sure every feeder is properly gutloaded with quality gutload either constantly or the night before or a few hours before feeding (still feed the rest of the colony, though). Get Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 and use it every feeding. Get Zoo Med Reptivite with D3 and use it every two weeks. Dust every feeder right before feeding to your cham. Make sure every feeder is lightly, but completely, coated in supplement. Gutload with either organic fresh fruits and veggies (there’s a gutload list here in the food and nutrition tab in resources) and/or a quality commercial gutload, like Cricket Crack, Pangea Gutload, or Repashy Bug Burger. If you use any of those three, turn it into a paste/gel with water before feeding so you don’t have to worry about watering your feeders. In addition to the dripper, you need to mist at least 3 times a day, maybe more depending on humidity, for a minimum of 2 minutes long each time. Make sure to thoroughly mist down the entire cage so all cage furnishings are dripping in water. Gently mist your cham as well, for she needs it to cleanse her eyes. Make sure to have a drainage system and proper lay bin, as well. A pic of the back of her back feet will aid in properly sexing her. Eventually, she’ll need a minimum sized cage of 18” by 18” by 36” tall (or minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall if male), though bigger is better. Get rid of the night light, chams need 12 hours of uvb and basking and 12 hours of complete darkness. If it drops below 50*F at night, use a low wattage ceramic heat emitter instead. Make sure her basking bulb is a white light. Get either a t5HO or T8 linear uvb bulb the length of or longer than her biggest cage she’ll get. For her current cage, use a linear Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med 5.0 (if she ever gets a cage 4’ or taller, then switch to a Zoo Med 10.0). She needs a temperature gradient in her cage with her basking spot being the hottest at 85*F. You’ll have to play with the basking bulb wattages until you get the correct temps. What’s her current humidity? It should be on the low-mid end of 40-70%. The highest branch (her basking spot) should be at least 8” away from the top of her cage. What live plant do you have and how did you prep it for her cage? I recommend reading the veiled care sheet here if you haven’t already. Sorry if this is a lot, because it is, just trying to give you some critical info.

Back
Top Bottom