Powersun 100w bulb?

Kito

Hello everyone could You help me out? Is Power Sun 100w bulb enough for my 5month old male Jackson? Should I get him extra day light lamp? His cage is close to the window so I'm trying to get as much day light as I can.
Thank You !!!
P.S.
I leave in Florida so during the day is pretty sunny even now.

Well in my opinion this would be too hot for a Jackson's chameleon. Your basking temps need to stay in the low 80s. I also read somewhere that the UVB coming off these could be too intense, and could burn your cham. However I have never owned one so I really can't say for sure about the last part. But yah check your basking temps if you are using this bulb and adjust it accordingly by moving it up if need be. Hope this is of help. :)

P.S. you can add as much light as you want as long as they are florescent so they don't through off too much heat.

Well in my opinion this would be too hot for a Jackson's chameleon. Your basking temps need to stay in the low 80s. I also read somewhere that the UVB coming off these could be too intense, and could burn your cham. However I have never owned one so I really can't say for sure about the last part. But yah check your basking temps if you are using this bulb and adjust it accordingly by moving it up if need be. Hope this is of help. :)

P.S. you can add as much light as you want as long as they are florescent so they don't through off too much heat.
Thank You :)

I agree with this. Won't be great for a jax.

We use 50Watt bulbs for the Jacksons & hang them about 3 inches above the cage, but they don't have a large window. They are not big on basking. How far from the cage is the light you are using? Jacksons really can suffer if temperatures are to high. They need a 5.0UVB more than a basking light, but be more concerned about keeping them hydrated more than anything. They love to stand in the mist spray.

We use 50Watt bulbs for the Jacksons & hang them about 3 inches above the cage, but they don't have a large window. They are not big on basking. How far from the cage is the light you are using? Jacksons really can suffer if temperatures are to high. They need a 5.0UVB more than a basking light, but be more concerned about keeping them hydrated more than anything. They love to stand in the mist spray.
I recently lift it up and it's about 7inches above his cage and around 17 form his basking spot. I have a mister set for about 30sek every one hour. Drill some holes in the bottom liner for water to drain and collect on a tray under the cage to avoid mold to grow. He stays a lot deep inside of a schefflera plant. Guess that means he is too hot. I have him only for a about 10days. Still learning every day how to make him comfortable.I'm Very greatful for Your help and tips.

Back
Top Bottom