Power outage!! Help!!!

TroyButler

I just recently bought a baby veiled chameleon, abo it 3-6 months old...We had a really big thunder storm here in Texas last night and it knowxked our power out. Normally Texas is pretty good about resolving issues with power fairly quick, (some have already reported to have power again but not me lol) but if they can’t get it fixed for a day or two, would my chameleon be ok without his uvb and heat? I live in Texas so my house stays cool, usually around 68-73 degrees f.

They can go outside as long as the temp isnt too hot or cold outside. Getting a couple hours of sun a day(even 30 minutes) is good for them.

Our power went out too from the same storm, I wonder how close you are:unsure:. But as already stated take him outside, after he eats would Ideal imo since they need heat to aid digestion.

So he will be fine without UVB for a few days. What are your temps outside... Do you have a shady porch? If you can take his cage outside in the shade and it is about 75-80ish he will be just fine. Careful with direct sun though because temps get way to high fast.

Back
Top Bottom