Potting soil mix?

CrazyChamLady13

Hi...
Just wondering what everyone uses. I planning on transplanting my plant. But I've read that some use organic, some use top soil and sand mix... so just wondering what everyone uses.

Also I was thinking about using those pot fillers that replace the rocks at the bottom for drainage, does anyone else use them?

*I apologize for asking so many questions. Just want to make everything good for the little Guy.*

Hi...
Just wondering what everyone uses. I planning on transplanting my plant. But I've read that some use organic, some use top soil and sand mix... so just wondering what everyone uses.

Also I was thinking about using those pot fillers that replace the rocks at the bottom for drainage, does anyone else use them?

*I apologize for asking so many questions. Just want to make everything good for the little Guy.*

Personally, I don't think it really matters which soil type you use as long as the pot drains well, you cover the soil surface with something (river rock or screen) to prevent the cham from eating or picking particles up on its tongue (especially perlite), and it is correct for your particular plant. Organic soils probably have more live soil microorganisms than so called sterilized soils but that's not necessarily bad. I don't like soils that are loaded with fertilizers...I'd prefer to feed the plant when I feel necessary instead of introduce a bunch of unknown chemicals to my cham's cage.

Thank you for the advice!

I have a pretty big pot that I'm thinking of using. It measures 11"Wx15"T so thinking about getting 2 more and they should fit in the enclosure

Back
Top Bottom