Pothos Growth

Yessabub

Established Member
My Pothos are really doing crappy now shy of adding miracle grow (BIG NO NO) what else is there? Is it alright to maybe add another uv light if so which one. They get plenty of water and light but continue to die off.

im guessing that is a lack of light then. what kind of lights do you have? just the standard heat and uvb?

you can add a plant grow light (normal, cfl, or tube fluorescent) or you can just find a 6500k bulb of whatever type you prefer and put that over the plant.

I bet it's too much water, I don't even water mine anymore since the misting helps keep the soil moist.

I am no expert put usually when plants turn yellow it's because they are getting too much water (like everyone said above).. Brown means not enough. I had the same problem with my pothos. I put it outside for a week and water it less frequently, it bounced back to life. It may just need real sun light and fresh air for a little bit.

If ur pothos show signs of yellow leafs there's no turning back. Pothos r very very easy plants to care for and keep alive but once an awhile they die jus because. U can break a green vine an place it in a cup of water , this will grow roots an u can than plant this. Pothos r not really demanding plants that why they r the best plant for a Cham cage because they can live in water or not get water for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom