pothos good or bad?

The Pothos oxalates are an irritant and not, strictly speaking, a poison. I don't foresee a chameleon grabbing a big mouthful and getting into trouble like, say, a child or a cat might, but it's your call. I have not had trouble with Pothos.

I have had female veiled chameleons strip pothos plants down to the stems and they have never caused a problem. Most of my veiled females live to be over 6 years old.

ok yeah pothos = compeltely fine....everyone had different opinions but the oever all is perfectly fine ....soooo many people use it ....its a great plant for coverage.

Completely circumstantial and quite possibly unrelated but I've been sneezing ever since I bought one yesterday. Also, make sure your other pets (i.e cats) or family members don't eat it before it goes in.

i eat mine all the time out of my chams cage.....its so good on salad..... im kidding...

Pothos is not dangerous to chameleons. Like Kinyonga, I have long-lived healthy animals that nibble them, one that eats them to nothing (replacing the plant frequently with a new one).

If you have a heavy plant eater, You can try to save the plants by offering romaine, dandelion and other leafy greens.

Is this the plant?

brassaia.jpg

Ya I think that's th one

Is this plant good or poisonous??? Pleas guys I need to know quick because I got one at home ...????

My veiled cham ate a couple bites from her pothos and must not have liked it, because she doesn't touch it. It didn't bother her at all. She really liked hibiscus but the hibiscus all died. I can't wait for it to get warm to I can buy her a new hibiscus. One of my cats ate all the vines off of a pothos that was up on a shelf and he's still alive and kickin. He also ate a peace lily before, so maybe he's a mutant with a rock for a stomach.

Plant in the picture looks more like a shefflera than pothos, though which type is a mystery. S.Arboricola isnt toxic, its on the recommended plant list, infact golden pothos is also.

serenity: do you have a plant light on those hibiscus? Some hibiscus go down hill if they dont have enough light. Lucky me, I found on that seems to be doing perfect in a reptarium without a plant light on top. Hopefully it will stay that way :)

So what makes arboricola any safer then brassaia? There both Schefflera. You know what plant we should all use, Oleander. I hear it works great. And the sap is oh so yummy!

So what makes arboricola any safer then brassaia? There both Schefflera. You know what plant we should all use, Oleander. I hear it works great. And the sap is oh so yummy!

Was that supposed to be funny?.

Schefflera is s large genus, with plants occurring on three continents and many, many islands. They face different pressures, and have differing degrees of toxicity. S. actinophylla (sometimes called Brassaia) is from Australia, and its toxic. S. arboricola is from the mountains of Taiwan, and is of low toxicity.

Oleander is dangerously poisonous. Eating it can cause brain damage, as evidenced above.

Chill buddy. Just a joke. We all know your the king of the plants. Ive used brassaia before with no issues. What may be toxic to mammals isnt always toxic to reptiles. Ive grown up with brassaia trees in my yard and have seen many non-native lizards in habit the trees. None of which just dropped dead from being around it. I think you need to take a trip to somewhere reptiles live, you might be surprised to see what lives in/on various plants. PEaCe Bud!

to the OP: Pothos or Scindapsus aureus is safe, or safe enough. Should be well-washed first, to remove pesticides. Sorry to sidetrack your thread.

Chill buddy. Just a joke.

But a pointless one that a noob might not get.

I've seen reptiles on four continents and more islands than I can count. Bred my first lizards in the 60's. We used to say peace back then too.

Back
Top Bottom