Potential fertile eggs

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I found Imelda on Craigslist in January. The owner told me she may have been exposed to a male at one point. Imelda is currently laying eggs. I have the hatching medium and a bin. If the eggs do end up viable what is the temperature and everything I need to know. So far I’ve read 8 months and 76. Thank you

I put the eggs in a plastic Tupperware shoe box with about 3 inches of moist vermiculite and keep them in a closet where the temps with be around 76 degrees. I punch two tiny holes in the lid. To test for moisture, take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it, if no more than a drop or two of water comes out then the moisture level should be okay. Do not turn the eggs as you move them from where they were laid to the container. Lay them in rows about an inch apart in all directions in shallow dents made with your thumb in the vermiculite. Put the lid on and place them in a dark place where the temperature is between 72-78 F. Moisture will form on the sides of the container and underside of the lid. It takes about 8 to 9 months for the eggs to hatch. It they are not fertile they will mold over in a couple of weeks.

I put the eggs in a plastic Tupperware shoe box with about 3 inches of moist vermiculite and keep them in a closet where the temps with be around 76 degrees. I punch two tiny holes in the lid. To test for moisture, take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it, if no more than a drop or two of water comes out then the moisture level should be okay. Do not turn the eggs as you move them from where they were laid to the container. Lay them in rows about an inch apart in all directions in shallow dents made with your thumb in the vermiculite. Put the lid on and place them in a dark place where the temperature is between 72-78 F. Moisture will form on the sides of the container and underside of the lid. It takes about 8 to 9 months for the eggs to hatch. It they are not fertile they will mold over in a couple of weeks.

Have you ever had the white fur mold from the vermiculite? I'm hoping this was a one time occurrence for me...

Quick question about Imelda. I was told original owner bought her for $400. Why would a veiled be so expensive? I know she’s translucent but not $400 worth.

Back
Top Bottom