potential eye problem

kellon16

I don't think he has an eye infection but I think it could develop into one. Both of his eyes are always open. One is a lot more bulgy then the other and the pupil seems to be a lot bigger. the pupil in the eye that isnt open as much stays very small and does not seem to adjust to light. I have been giving him some extra mistiness so he can clean it which he appears to be doing. I thought maybe he could be blind in that eye since it does not dilate but he can follow me moving around with that eye. It has been this way for a week or two now and since it has not changed I am growing concerned. Any impute would be very appreciated

Hey kellon16-any pictures? What UVB bulb are you using? How old is your cham? Are you supplementing?

I have filled out that form a few times now and talked to a vet. My supplementation was a little off for a while but its back on track. I use a reptisun 5.0. I will try to get pics but Iall I have is an iphone to take pics with. I supplement with calcium w/o d3 twice a week and with d3 twice a month I was using multi vitamin once a month but I switched to using it once a week. Sorry about the comment earlier I wasn't trying to be rude I just haven't got replies on my last few post. I am not an expert on chams and my panther is my first. I have done my research and read many horror stories so I am just waiting for something bad to happen. I know his eye isn't supposed to look like it does. Maybe I should get some eye drop solution and try cleaning it? What product do most people use to do this?

Terramycin ointment is one thing you can try. You can get that without a prescription. Otherwise you will need a vet appt and they will prescribe something. Is your UVB a compact bulb? They are known to cause eye issues.

no compact bulb. I'm using the fluorescent. I'm probably just going to end up taking him to see the vet, but I will try to get pictures up of it today

I don't think he has an eye infection but I think it could develop into one. Both of his eyes are always open. One is a lot more bulgy then the other and the pupil seems to be a lot bigger. the pupil in the eye that isnt open as much stays very small and does not seem to adjust to light. I have been giving him some extra mistiness so he can clean it which he appears to be doing. I thought maybe he could be blind in that eye since it does not dilate but he can follow me moving around with that eye. It has been this way for a week or two now and since it has not changed I am growing concerned. Any impute would be very appreciated

I'm pretty new w/ this but after receiving some great advice on here I also tried using the Terramycin ointment that was suggested to you as well. I used it for my cham's eye & his eye doesn't seem as bulged as before, if at all. I also gave him 3 days of a drop dose of ReptAid for 250 gram or less reptiles (rept aid). Both I got at LLLreptile. He seems to be doing better w/ his eye bulging problem... maybe it might work for your cham as well. I'm still trying to figure out why my guy still closes his eyes during the day. Good luck, hope this helps you.

I'm pretty new w/ this but after receiving some great advice on here I also tried using the Terramycin ointment that was suggested to you as well. I used it for my cham's eye & his eye doesn't seem as bulged as before, if at all. I also gave him 3 days of a drop dose of ReptAid for 250 gram or less reptiles (rept aid). Both I got at LLLreptile. He seems to be doing better w/ his eye bulging problem... maybe it might work for your cham as well. I'm still trying to figure out why my guy still closes his eyes during the day. Good luck, hope this helps you.

yes it does and thank you tons. I was just about to ask where to get it. I don't think its anything major because he keeps it open but I want to stop it before it does. Thanks for all the advice I can use as much of it as possible.

yes it does and thank you tons. I was just about to ask where to get it. I don't think its anything major because he keeps it open but I want to stop it before it does. Thanks for all the advice I can use as much of it as possible.

Your welcome!

Back
Top Bottom