post pics of your cricket keepers!

tvrsir

just wanna get an idea of how everyone keeps them.

thanks

also what is the water source u guys use to hydrate them?

I keep mine vertical so they stay out of there feces.They collect in the paper towel tube while feeding on my dry cricketgrit.I put fresh vegies along the top Last night I put collaed greens and carrots.you can see whats left from last night.In the morning I pick the tube up and shake it into the my cricket cup add supliments and feed

Attachments

• DSC_0433.jpg
    DSC_0433.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_0434.jpg
    DSC_0434.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 132
I keep mine vertical so they stay out of there feces.They collect in the paper towel tube while feeding on my dry cricketgrit.I put fresh vegies along the top Last night I put collaed greens and carrots.you can see whats left from last night.In the morning I pick the tube up and shake it into the my cricket cup add supliments and feed

Your cricket bin makes me feel the desperate need to go and clean mine.....LOL

that is such a neat and good idea. gonna have to copy that if you dont mine :)

I don't feed crix but here's how I keep Simba's locusts.
They just live in the cabinet under his enclosure (with everything else! LOL)

e6f106f9fc7fdfa5710bb1d524db7485.jpg

65f3e9967dd35cd4aaa0fc89ceea4a6a.jpg

I use feeding tongs to pop them in a plastic container inside their tank which has the supplement in to dust them, then I shake to coat them and fling em in his feeder cup straight out of the dusting container (coz I can't bear to touch the creepy crawlies! LOL)

Never had one escape and never had to touch one yet! ;)

Yea super cheap and works well! If you get sugar ants in your area add vaseline around the rim of the bin

Back
Top Bottom