Post 1,000

DanSB

Avid Member
I make very few superfluous, self indulgent posts. But it is a rare and grand occasion when one can say with confidence they have hit the little submit button 1,000 times on what is without doubt the best English language dedicated chameleon forum on the entire internet.

I really enjoy reading this forum, contributing whatever I feel I can, and being part of the chameleon forums net community. When anyone I know is thinking about getting a chameleon I direct them here.

I am far far far from the most experienced keeper here, but I like to think the fact I've kept exotic animals of all types since the late 80s along with a good grasp of biology, logic, and how stuff in general works means at least a few of the 1,000 posts have some value!

I've had only 3 chameleons. A Senegal, who I had for about 7 months before he developed an eye infection and died before the vet was even opened. He was wild caught and came in really beat up and skinny from a very bad open air market style place. (now illegal in California).

The next two came from a reputable dealer, a pair of juvenile captive hatched Africanus. Both died in about 2 weeks. Not getting into details, no blame, don't know what happened or why, I posted details when it happened.

So in October I will have been chameleon free for about a year. I promised myself I would wait about a year to be certain I still really want one, and learn a lot more.

I now know a lot more, and still really want one. I am also enamored with frogs, fish, birds, and tortoises along with other lizards in general. But alas, I can't get the idea of breeding harder to find chamaeleo species out of my head... It looks like I may be getting a veiled sometime soon, not on purpose but sometimes unexpected things happen and they always seem to have a reason.

In other news all is well with the family, the remodel on my house is slow, only 2 major projects left, the living room and the future zoo room.

And that is my 1,000th post update.

Congratulations Dan. I for one enjoy reading your posts. Good luck with your future veiled.:)

Congrats Dan! :):D:):D:) it has been a pleasure getting to know you here on the forums. Thank you for agreeing to give a veiled a kind and loving home.

Ive really enjoyed you being here my friend! :)

Ive also been chameleon free for around a year, and I must say...its awful. ;/

All the best...

Congratulations Dan. I for one enjoy reading your posts. Good luck with your future veiled.:)

Thank you Kate. I appreciate all of your posts as well, you are extremely patient with many who need patience!

Congrats Dan! :):D:):D:) it has been a pleasure getting to know you here on the forums. Thank you for agreeing to give a veiled a kind and loving home.

Your chameleons and keeping them with the affection you do is an inspiration. I think your insight and methods are truly a model for other keepers to aspire.

Well I have enjoyed your insightful posts and ideas. Congrats on 1000.

That means a lot from you Trace! I suspect you've forgotten more about practical chameleon keeping than most will ever know.

Ive really enjoyed you being here my friend! :)

Ive also been chameleon free for around a year, and I must say...its awful. ;/

All the best...

It sucks to be Cham free! But its a sign of being a responsible adult and patient. Too many people run out and get chameleons when they clearly should wait until their life is in a more appropriate place.

I really want to get 50 plus acres and start a hero keepers commune! Ha

Congrats!!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom