Possibly sick/dying Veiled

Pablothecow

My ~4 year old female Veiled has been blind for some time now, I've been syringe feeding her a special food the vet gave me, as well as giving her meal worms. Up until yesterday she had been drinking water and moving around just fine. I couldn't get her to drink water yesterday but did feed her. I found her this morning on the bottom of her cage, and put her back on a branch but she seemed very weak. I came back 10 minutes later and she had fallen again. This time her tongue is swollen and is sticking out of her mouth. She is on a branch on the floor of her cage now to prevent any more falls because she is barely holding on to it.

I'm making this post mainly to get my thoughts straight, and mostly to get confirmation from you guys if it seems like it's time to take her to a vet and put her down. I don't want her to suffer. If you want pictures I can get some.

So sorry to hear about your rough time, and while it is the hardest choice, euthanasia is the right choice, and I commend you for acknowledging it is time. Sounds like you care for her, so I am sorry for your troubles, but I am sure you know its the right choice.

This is how I found her the second time this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 111
Thanks guys. I have work in 20 minutes so I won't be able to get her in today unless my mom does it. I hope she'll be okay until the morning.

4 years is a pretty decent age for a female... I think she's just old and I think she earned her rest... Being blind doesn't help her as well... I think ur gonna do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom