Possibly a silly question..

Mattmoo360

Hi guys,

Have a 7month old Jackson Chameleon. Stays pretty much this colour (or paler)..

Will it ever change to greens or blues etc etc?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_192755.jpg
    IMG_20190104_192755.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 109
I'm not sure with Jackson's but dark and dull colors can be a sign of stress. Also I've read that some chameleons stay more dull in their 'teenage' years.

well, she is a female so no, she will stay a dull green, now if you had a male sometimes depending on the sub species you can have those blues and yellows ad especially that bright green but the only time she will really change to a different all around color would be when she is gravid, do you have a lay bin for her???

I have a Jacksons (she was my first chameleon) and i was super worried about this at first then tried to do a bunch of research which it is apparently difficult to find anything female specific for the species (i think from your picture it's a female?) But what I've gathered is they kind of grow into their color. My profile picture is the color mine stayed all the time until she got a bit older. Not she stays a nice dull green. Females don't generally get very vibrant and aren't necessarily the most "beautiful" but their personalities are wonderful. Go and check on her when all the lights are off and she's sleeping. That's really when a female Jacksons will be the prettiest colors. I'll attach a picture of her "default" color now that mines a little older

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_020720_501.jpg
    IMG_20181219_020720_501.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 73
well, she is a female so no, she will stay a dull green, now if you had a male sometimes depending on the sub species you can have those blues and yellows ad especially that bright green but the only time she will really change to a different all around color would be when she is gravid, do you have a lay bin for her???
Jackson's have live births so it's not needed here.

And yes Megan is right! That's another wonderful thing about female Jacksons is they do not need a laying bin for eggs because they don't lay eggs! They are special creatures! Female Jacksons are probably my favorite!

Back
Top Bottom