Possible mouth rot

It's really hard for me to get pictures of him because he's been very stressed out since my last post. He just shed on his face and this is what is on both sides of his mouth but not in the center and there's no black discoloration or signs of mouth rot that I've seen before. He's left his mouth open on and off a lot lately and after researching upper respiratory infections I've noticed he's not gotten worse and when I took away the white light bulb and gave him back the blue one that I know is not good for them he stopped leaving his mouth open so to me it seems like he was overheating but I wanted to get everyone's opinion

Attachments

• 20211231_210324.jpg
    20211231_210324.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 127
Hello , can't really tell. But looks like skin around his mouth. Should could off soon. As far as leaving his mouth open. It's called gaping , & his basking temp is probably too hot.
His head held up high would more mean respiratory infection.
Do you know basking light temp?

Hello , can't really tell. But looks like skin around his mouth. Should could off soon. As far as leaving his mouth open. It's called gaping , & his basking temp is probably too hot.
His head held up high would more mean respiratory infection.
Do you know basking light temp?
I keep him at about 82 degrees. When it gets warmer he starts gaping and I turn the heat light off and he calms down. That's why I put the blue light back in because the white one was keeping him hot even though they're the same wattage. Which is very confusing for me

Yea you usually should keep around 80 so anything above 82 would be pushing it. How close do you have the light. Maybe try lifting it some to reduce some of the heat.

So was the temperature hotter when the
White light was being used compared to the blue light? Did you measure the temperature under both of them?

Back
Top Bottom