possible eating solution

jonr

i have a 3-4 month veiled male in a 4ftHx2ftDx3ftW cage screen in with plenty of room for him. i think he loves his new home he is always green and basking, so my problem is that since the cage is so big and the crickets r so small its hard for him to catch them.. now i have the idea of putting him in a 75gl aquarium just to eat them move him back in his larger home when he has had his fill. Is it a bad idea to move him around lime that i just wanna make sure he is eating ok cause i know he is hungry

he seems to get scarred when i put my hand in there although today i found a cricket that was not moving much so i stuck it on a leaf next to him and he ate it so i figure if i put him in a smaller tank during feeding while he is young

you can try cup feeding for a while too i dunno about puttin in another cage, no experience with that

if he doesn't like to be handled and is scared then I think moving him everyday back and forth is not a good idea. Try putting the food in a shallow cup and see if he will eat that way. I used to dump my crickets out in the bottom of the cage and they would immediately run up the sides up the cage to the top and my cham always found them pretty good like that and was able to hunt them down. I usually would count them and watch what he would eat so they could not hide buy they would get away ocasionally.

I use a plastic tub for a dusting cup, what I do is hold it against the cage and tap and shake and rotate the tub until the crickets climb onto the screen. 9/10 times they head straight up the screen into the unexpected.

Buy a shoe box sized plastic tub, tie it up under his favorite spot (but not where he poops!) and throw the food in there. The container needs to be opaque. He can still hunt, but the bugs are easy to find. Problem solved.

Buy a shoe box sized plastic tub, tie it up under his favorite spot (but not where he poops!) and throw the food in there. The container needs to be opaque. He can still hunt, but the bugs are easy to find. Problem solved.

good idea I'm going to try that first

just a heads up i tried the clean container idea next to where he likes to chill out and it worked:D i put about 20 sm crickets in there and im down to maybe 8 or so :cool: hellz yea so im happy that worked... i just left him alone and "bobs ur uncle" it worked thanks all

Back
Top Bottom