Possible Cage???

doclizard

I found this old wardrobe on Craigslist and thought it had potential for a sweet cage...

3k93o33l85Y65V45R3b5oe3c09385c2741872.jpg

3na3md3p85Y55T35W6b5occd2c53d9a3c158f.jpg

Its H62", W34", D16" and I thought about cutting the front and side panels out and installing screen. Same for the top to instal the lighting and drip/mist system. I would need to treat the inside wood with some sort of water sealant to prevent mold/decay. Has anyone done a conversion like this or think it would work well?

I have been looking into this myself, it seems like a great idea as long as you treat all the wood:D I have seen a few members on here do it. keep me posted on how it works out!!!

Do you think 16' is deep enough? I know that the vertical room is more important but I don't want to do all the work if its not going the right dimensions needed.

i think that would make a perfect home for a lucky cham, i think with how wide and tall it is that 16 in plenty deep.

hoj

I turned an old entertainement center into an enclosure, anything is possible! You have to waterproof and seal the wood, takes a while to do it right using low VOC paints.

Have done it myself, my Cham loves it. So easy and cheap to do really, if you have a spare wardrobe. I'm actually planning on finally getting some pics up today or tomorrow, I have a 100w basking lamp and spray mist, but am planning on getting an mv bulb since its such a big viv. My cham drinks from a bowl, so I didn't need to bother with a dripper. Still thinking of adding some sort of water feature for a giggle though.....

https://www.chameleonforums.com/wardrobe-viv-60107/?highlight=wardrobe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom