Possible Bruise?

joeandsoph

Established Member
Hi everyone,

Long time no speak. Can you please take a look at this picture of Tilly. I noticed this dark patch this morning and now I'm a little worried. I didn't notice this last night. She's eating and moving fine, everything else with her seems perfectly normal. She managed to suck her self in just after I took the picture (she hates the camera most of the time) Is it just a bruise? If it is just a bruise god know how she has done it! Hope it will just heal on it's own. We do have a good (very expensive!) reptile vet but it's relatively far and I don't want to cause her un-necessary stress.

Basically I want someone to tell me I'm over-reacting lol!

Attachments

• photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 152
I am not sure what it is. But does she eat butterworms? I have seen a few pictures of chameleons on the forums here where their lower jaws were "stained" a black color from eating a butterworm. This probably isn't the same thing, but something to think about!

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with her!

Hi,

No we can't really get butterworms. Silkworms are a challenge to get but she has had them this week, along with crickets, locusts and Dubia roaches. And she gets the odd wax worm.

I really hope it's just a bruise that will clear up.

It could be a bruise.

I would keep an eye on it.

If its a bruise, it will go away.

If its a fungus or something similar, it will spread.

As for the butterworm thing, we are seeing it turns the gular area black, not the sides. FYI.

:)

I think it does yes.

Fungal infections tend to be round IMO, and this looks more like she caught her side on a stick.

Silly girl, to be honest she does get herself into some funny positions. It's horrible to not know because they can't talk!

Very frustrating...

Hi guys,

Just an update, I got home and Tilly wasn't doing as great as I'd like. Her grip is relatively good but seems to have weekened a little. She is also just hanging from her vines rather that perching on top and shes moving and walking ok but a little slower. Managed to get her a vet appointment tomorrow (luckily my vet is very understanding with how important reptile problems are so they've managed to squeeze me in). I hope it's nothing and it's a wasted visit but I need to be sure. Feel awful, I'm so sad and hope she's not in pain. Don't know what I'd do without her :-(

I've padded the bottom of her tank with towels in case she does happen to fall in the night.

I hope you don't think I'm being to hasty in taking her to a vet but I don't want to risk her deteriorating and then not being able to get in.

I think you are wise to take her to a vet.
If there isn't anything wrong, then you will at least have gotten some peace of mind.
I hope that all goes well and you'll let us know.

Thanks Lovereps. I'm really worried, she must be in some pain by the way she's hanging, think that's the most comfortable spot for her. Just moved her into a better sleeping position as I'm worried she's going to fall and she got rather hissy which is unusual because her temperament has grown quite nice.

Poor gal, hope the little girl will be ok.

Sure I'll keep you updated with the news. Hopefully good!!

Starting to worry if it's the eggs thats causing the problem, she's rather eggy but not interested in the bucket which is very unusual.

Well guys,

Today's the day. Tilly doesn't seem any worse but she's only just woke as its only 7am here. Ill be leaving for the vet in 3 hours :-(

Latest update...

Hello again. Right so Tilly went to the vets and he wanted to keep her in. He's not sure if she has fell or what is explaining the weakness but said she did look rather fat on the back end which I also thought but she has got a laying bin which she never hesitates to use. He's going to give her an xray and do some testing of her blood etc. and see if she has any underlying problems such as kidneys etc.

I'll give feedback later but I think we're going to have to face the fact that sooner or later with her age that she's not going to be with us. So sad...

Awww, I am so sorry to hear that Tilly is having problems. I think you did absolutey the right thing taking her to the vets. I know from experience how quickly they go from being healthy to no longer here, so mine go to the vets for the slightest little thing that isn't quite right. I do hope they can hlep her. I missed this post as my internet was down, and that does look like a bruise to me, bless her. When my Amy was given her injections she bruised quite spectacularly, and it does look horrible, but thankfully they fade quite quickly.

My god it's horrible when these things happen. Hate to see her in pain, and it's so difficult to work around the vets / works etc! But hopefully she'll come through ok...

good luck to ur cute girl ! i hope she will get her force back as soon as possible .

btw this is off topic but if pple have the possibility to get their reptiles to a vet just do it as fast as you can , just dont take the risk-better to be safe than regret it later .
i personaly dont have the chance to have a good reptile vet ( in all the country... ) so i am always worried about my boy !
just go to vets pple !

i am glad you went to the vet !
we are waiting for some good info report !
good luck !

Back
Top Bottom