Popping sounds

KhameleonMomz

Established Member
So I gave my Cham water through a syringe today, and after an hour or so I heard like popping sounds and saw him rubbing his head against a tree. I can only hear the sounds if I put my ear up to his face, I’m not sure if it’s an RI though since he’s eating, and basking normally. Getting him to drink water has been an issue since he was first in my care so I syringe him water to make sure he gets enough on a daily basis, he’s trained to do this.

His mouth also looks completely healthy, I’m hoping that maybe I might have given him too much water since he seemed a little bit agitated take his usual amount.

Sounds like he aspirated some...
I thought so too but I just want to make sure it’s not an RI. I watch him like a hawk ever since he took a tumble from a tree and broke his legs a few months ago so the smallest things scare me now.

Did you put the syringe in the correct part of the mouth?
So he drinks at his own pace and as much as he wants, I never force him to drink the water. But maybe he swallowed a little bit too much at once because I did see him take a couple of drops without swallowing before taking another drop.

Back
Top Bottom