Poorly Yemen Update

langers2004

Here is my original post:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/burnt-yemen-58062/

Ok well after moving the light i personally think he looks a little lighter today? Not 100% sure but will keep an eye on him.

He's still eating and drinking well. Both eyes are still open and he is quite happily sitting in his basking spot which is reading around 30c now.

Now im a tad worried about something else. He had clearly just eaten as he was holding his head up and doing that swallowing thing, but he was racking a little from side to side. Ive noticed him do this before after eating?
Do they just sometimes do this after eating? I know they move in pretty odd ways anyway.....

Anyone i will keep you all updated, keeping real close attention to him and making sure i do everything i can to make him better.

Right here is my cham today :)

I personally think he has got a bit lighter...Browner rather than blacker like he was in my last photos....
He also has been far more energetic today! Didnt think he could be really, but he has.
There is also a green patch that has appeared on him a bit. So i guess this is promising. I think he might be close to shedding as well, is he at the right sort of age?
Here are the pictures...The last one shows the green spot...He looks a bit darker in these, he was in a super bad mood today when i picked him up. Think he just wanted to be left alone to hunt, as he was in an easy place to pick up...
22042011902.jpg

22042011901.jpg

22042011903.jpg

22042011904.jpg

He does look very close to shedding, in fact it looks to be staring on his right side. It also looks to me like the black patch is still on his new skin underneath. Babies shed approx every month until they get to around 6 months of age when growth naturally slows down, then they shed every 3 months or so. As adults they shed a different body part at a time so it seems that sometimes they look to be always in shed!

Hi again Lily.,

He is looking even brighter toad and more wrinkly.... So shedding is approaching :)
Every hour the light is further from him he is seeming to get better, cant believe a mvb being close can make him go black. At least i know its not a burn now.

I will keep you updated though you have been great help. He is getting so pampered now though, hope he doesnt get too used to it.

You can bet the little guy will have you wrapped around his funny feet in no time! They are such wonderful creatures and you'll soon find out that one just isn't enough!

I'm glad he's showing some improvement and even more glad that you are taking him to a vets - it's just unfortunate that it's Easter weekend and nowhere is open until Tuesday!

It is annoying. Things always happen over the back holiday weekends. My only debit card got eaten by a machine yesterday too! Typical always in pairs.

He is looking even better now. There are patches of green appearing all over his back....

Really glad he's getting better and glad i now know that mvb can make animals go dark without burning them. The small section in the instructions is so small people can miss it like i did. Also the instruction on distance is totally off if this is anything to go by,..

Again thank you for your help. Once he's back to 100% ill upload some photos. Dont want to stress him out. Quite annoying really he obv wasnt well as he is different in manner now. Now he really doesnt like me anymore lol

Langers it is great he can see a vet on Tuesday. It will all work out. You will find yourself ruled by these creatures just as the rest of us are. He is being pampered - no he is training you.:):):):)

Langers it is great he can see a vet on Tuesday. It will all work out. You will find yourself ruled by these creatures just as the rest of us are. He is being pampered - no he is training you.:):):):)

He definitely is....

I cant believe how quickly he is changing colour! I will always start the light further away from my animals in the future....

See, even if I seemed mean (sorry) all I wanted was the best for your cham, but then I always want the best for all of them. You will have the addiction in no time at all.:eek:

He definitely is....

I cant believe how quickly he is changing colour! I will always start the light further away from my animals in the future....

See, even if I seemed mean (sorry) all I wanted was the best for your cham, but then I always want the best for all of them. You will have the addiction in no time at all.:eek:

Its fine...Thanks for the attention you have gave him. If he wasnt mardy im sure hed appreciate it too..

Mine is not only pampered, he has me wrapped around his bent little tail! I just love watching him cage cruise. Though he's not doin git now because he is shedding and is very uncomfortable. but he'll feel better in a bit when he gets a shower. He is so spoiled! lol.

Back
Top Bottom