Poorly Tilly

joeandsoph

Established Member
Hi everyone,

If you remember, Tilly was pretty poorly a few months back and she was spayed but also very constipated. She's since been on a daily lactulose diet and things have been running smoothly. Until now...

She will not eat (very unusual!!), shes drinking lot's (again very unusual) and she cannot poo. She had a visit to the vet yesterday and he did tests which we do not yet have the results for. He also took xray's and did an enema to make her poo. She has not yet pooped. Today she has become very weak, she has just fell from her branches. She kind of lies down. We are getting her back in the vet on Monday but I'm worried she will deteriorate over the weekend. She's now 5 and is showing signs of being old so inevitably I think soon we will have to make the hard decision that she may need putting to sleep but until then, I want her comfortable.

So really I need advice. She won't poo and I think is too week to push it out due to lack of food but she wont eat. Help!?!?

UPDATE!!

She's just eaten a few crickets. First sign of progress but can anyone please help on my original post?

Thanks

If she isn't eating anything solid there won't be anything solid in her GI tract to expel. It may not be a matter of "can't go", but rather "doesn't need to go".

Hi Carlton,

She definitely needs to poop the vet saw it on her xrays etc. and she doe shave a general problem in that area which we're trying to control. She did have some crickets again that night but Saturday we came home to find her on the floor on her back with her legs in the air. Luckily we padded her tank out with towels etc as we saw she was a little unstable. Anyway she just fell and fell so we rushed her back tot he vets in an emergency on Saturday night and she's still in being monitored. She's not deteriorated but I don't think she's showing much progression. I'm just waiting on a call back from the vet at the moment.

Hope she's going to be ok, she's getting old the poor gal.

Thanks Jann,

She's still in at the moment. If she doesn't have a bowel movement soon who knows what kind of condition she will be in. Opening her up is an option but this is something I do not want to do since having her spayed. She's getting older now so I don't think this is fair to her.

Back
Top Bottom