Poor Husbandry

Hey guys I was at Selmers Pet Land the other day to pick up some crickets and when I went upstairs to there reptile exhibit I noticed a nice veiled chameleon dead on the floor of its tank. Its amazing how poorly some people will treat these animals even in a storefront! Needless to say I will never go back and I don't recommend anyone in the long island NY area to shop here as well! Moment of silence for our fallen brother....

Hey guys I was at Selmers Pet Land the other day to pick up some crickets and when I went upstairs to there reptile exhibit I noticed a nice veiled chameleon dead on the floor of its tank. Its amazing how poorly some people will treat these animals even in a storefront! Needless to say I will never go back and I don't recommend anyone in the long island NY area to shop here as well! Moment of silence for our fallen brother....
Yeesh:(. I really don't get it. What's so difficult about buying the proper enclosure and lighting and getting and making sure it's misted regularly. The info is online in numerous places, yet these stores always throw them in an undersized tank without the things they need.

Yeesh:(. I really don't get it. What's so difficult about buying the proper enclosure and lighting and getting and making sure it's misted regularly. The info is online in numerous places, yet these stores always throw them in an undersized tank without the things they need.

Where in the original post do you see any reference to husbandry other than the title? I see only a reference to a dead chameleon. You have no idea why it died. They do occasionally die whether at a pet shop or in your care. Please don't jump to conclusions about this pet store. You and possibly this web site could be guilty of libel.

That poor cham,I hope they give him a proper funeral.....flower will be send from my side to the Cham of Heaven...yup...yup

Where in the original post do you see any reference to husbandry other than the title? I see only a reference to a dead chameleon. You have no idea why it died. They do occasionally die whether at a pet shop or in your care. Please don't jump to conclusions about this pet store. You and possibly this web site could be guilty of libel.
Dude, chill. I didn't even name the store, and my post was generally in reference to the other places I've seen poor husbandry. Why don't we let justsomedude elaborate on the specifics of the care before you go accusing anyone of libel.

That poor cham,I hope they give him a proper funeral.....flower will be send from my side to the Cham of Heaven...yup...yup

The store was named. You responded to a post that named a business and that response as well as the original post very well might damage the store financially, therefore, libellous unless the accusations can be proven. The internet is does not circumvent laws or lawsuits. I think we have to be very careful of what we post.

The store was named. You responded to a post that named a business and that response as well as the original post very well might damage the store financially, therefore, libellous unless the accusations can be proven. The internet is does not circumvent laws or lawsuits.
:rolleyes: Whatever dude.

I was just show in my sympathy.nothing else.....since the original poster express his thought, I reply back with my thoughts thats all......nothing to the store only to the dead cham....yup...yup

Back
Top Bottom