Poor Calvin..

mandaxx3x

According to my dad (who has had a few reptiles but doesn't even like chameleons) I starve Calvin. Because I give her 15 small crickets a day (if we give her more she doesn't eat them all), and I only feed her in the morning. He was like "you're starving her. I know how to take care of lizards" I found it amusing and tried explaining that I read about how to properly feed her but he wasn't having it. He also told me to get the bigger crickets (like, the biggest size pet store cricket possible), and didn't believe me when I said they were too big for her right now. But the point of this was to let everyone know that I apparently starve Calvin and I'm a terrible chameleon mom :D

According to my dad (who has had a few reptiles but doesn't even like chameleons) I starve Calvin. Because I give her 15 small crickets a day (if we give her more she doesn't eat them all), and I only feed her in the morning. He was like "you're starving her. I know how to take care of lizards" I found it amusing and tried explaining that I read about how to properly feed her but he wasn't having it. He also told me to get the bigger crickets (like, the biggest size pet store cricket possible), and didn't believe me when I said they were too big for her right now. But the point of this was to let everyone know that I apparently starve Calvin and I'm a terrible chameleon mom :D
Hahaha. As long as you feed her as much as she will eat while she's young you are fine and the crickets aren't bigger than the space between her eyes. How old is she?

Oh boy. The attack of the nagging, "omniscient" parent. My father has always had issues with how I care for my chams....which is also most likely why they all hate him. Yet he still wonders why he gets bit and hissed at :notworthy: I swear, you'd think that they'd figure out how to take care of reptiles after all these years lol. Your doing things correctly, to confirm. 15 crickets is perfect, and feeding her food that is too big can injure her jaw or she could choke!

Oh boy. The attack of the nagging, "omniscient" parent. My father has always had issues with how I care for my chams....which is also most likely why they all hate him. Yet he still wonders why he gets bit and hissed at :notworthy: I swear, you'd think that they'd figure out how to take care of reptiles after all these years lol. Your doing things correctly, to confirm. 15 crickets is perfect, and feeding her food that is too big can injure her jaw or she could choke!
She's still little so we give her the smaller ones. With the bigger ones I had to watch her eat them and even then I was nervous. Mom life

She's still little so we give her the smaller ones. With the bigger ones I had to watch her eat them and even then I was nervous. Mom life
Haha yeah, use the smaller ones until you feel comfortable with the bigger ones. Width of head = max size of food.

I had an employee at the pet store I go to for crickets tell me that I should be using the large crickets when my cham was 3 months old... The large ones at the store were bigger than his head lol. I simply asked the employee how many chameleons he has every owned and cared for to which he said "none, but we used to sell them."

o_O

Back
Top Bottom